God Eater Resurrection announced for the PS4 and Vita
Bandai Namco Entertainment has revealed that God Eater Resurrection, a remake of the first God Eater (known as Gods Eater Burst in the west) is headed to Japan on October 29 for the Playstation 4 and Playstation Vita.
Several new features have been added to this remake including:
- Enhanced visuals that make use of the hardware capabilities of the Playstation 4 and Playstation Vita
- Combat now includes a "Predator Style" that gives players up to five consecutive actions to devour Aragami. Players can also utilize this style in the air and in the middle of a dash
- All six blade categories (Short Blade, Long Blade, Buster Blade, Burst Hammer, Charge Spear, and Variant Size) from God Eater 2: Rage Burst will be available to use
- The ability to transform a weapon to its gun form after attacking with its blade form has made a return
- A new after-story segment that ties into God Eater 2: Rage Burst
God Eater Resurrection will cost 6,170yen on the Playstation 4 and 5,120yen on the Playstation Vita. First-print copies will receive the DLC scenario "Another Character: Lindow" for free, which features the former leader of the Retaliation Team wielding a Charge Spear.
Additionally, an spin-off application of God Eater Resurrection titled God Eater Off Shoot will be included in Volumes 2-7 of the God Eater TV anime Blu-ray releases. The app revolves around a photo shoot mode that allows users to take up close and personal screenshots of their favorite God Eater characters.
View the debut trailer of the game down below and the gallery for the first screenshots and artwork of it.