In a slew of announcements made today, Bandai Namco also revealed when we will be getting our hands on both God Eater Resurrection and God Eater 2: Rage Burst.
God Eater Resurrection will launch as a digital-only title for the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita in North America on June 28th (August 30th in Europe), while it will be released on Steam on August 30th. Resurrection is a full-on remake of God Eater Burst that also features an extra story that is meant to bridge the gap to God Eater 2.
Defy All Gods
In the early 2050s, unknown life forms called “Oracle Cells” began their uncontrolled consumption of all life on Earth. Their violent nature and god-like adaptability earned them the name “Aragami”. Facing an enemy completely immune to conventional weapons, modern society collapses as humanity is driven to the point of extinction.
One last hope remains. Following the Fenrir Organization’s development of “God Arcs”, Oracle Cell-based living weapons, their wielders are organized into an elite force of “God Eaters”. As the newest recruit to Fenrir’s Far East Branch, discover that in times of adversity, humans will go to any length to survive in God Eater: Resurrection.
- Evil Takes All Forms – Take control of the newest recruit to Fenrir’s Far East Branch, a New Type God Eater with a rare ability to wield a variable God Arc that transforms between blade and gun form. Hack, slash and shoot your way through hordes of Aragami and extract evil at its core.
- The Hunter Becomes the Hunted – Master Predator Style with charge, quick, combo, step and air variations on the God Arc’s devour ability.
- Rediscover the World – Featuring over 100 hours of content, God Eater: Resurrection features an immersive story driven by deep character development, a robust battle system, and addictive mission based gameplay in a unique post apocalyptic setting.
- Unite in the Fight for Humanity – Play with up to 3 additional players online to form a cooperative four man cell, perfect for taking on the most difficult of missions.
- Play with anyone, anywhere – Exclusive to the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita, God Eater: Resurrection features both Cross Play and Cross Save functionality.
God Eater 2: Rage Burst will arrive both physically and digitally on the PlayStation 4, while it will only be released digitally for PlayStation Vita and Steam, all on August 30th in North America and Europe.
God Eater 2 will feature a Day One edition for North America that will include a free copy of God Eater Resurrection (that should also be included with the digital release of GE2), along with downloadable costumes featuring the cast of Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization, Tokyo Ghoul (a popular anime), and Tales of Zestiria, so PS4 owners may want to wait a bit to save some money. You will have to preorder God Eater 2 to get the costumes in Europe, but God Eater Resurrection will be free to you in Europe whether you get the physical or digital edition of God Eater 2: Rage Burst until 2050 (when the world collapses in God Eater). Both GER and GE2 will feature English voice-overs only with optional subtitles.
To celebrate the occasion, Bandai Namco uploaded a series of videos for the games. Check them out below: