Square Enix revealed earlier today that Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius, their free-to-play RPG for smartphones, will be released soon for the West with an English-release version.
Folks interested in jumping on the game as soon as possible can reap the benefits by pre-registering on the event site.
There will be an event held on May 16th where players can enjoy some nice bonuses by reaching certain milestones that are met through social media, such as unlocking Terra from Final Fantasy VI in Magitek Armor as a summon.
While it bears the series name, the title holds more in common with the highly-successful Brave Frontier., due in part to sharing the same game developer, A-Lim. It also features character illustrations from Final Fantasy artist Yoshitaka Amano. Here are some details about the game from the pre-registration page:
So begins a new tale of crystals…
An all-new RPG in the classic Final Fantasy tradition!
Square Enix presents an original Final Fantasy title for smartphones.
Immerse yourself in a world of heroes and high adventure, all in the palm of your hand!
- Enjoy an all-new RPG in the classic Final Fantasy tradition!
- Intuitive and strategic battles!
- Explore exotic realms and delve into perilous dungeons!
- Summon legendary Final Fantasy beasts with awe-inspiring visuals!
- Join forces with legendary heroes from your favorite Final Fantasy games!