In a slide leak today, it appears Atlus will be finally localizing Etrian Odyssey V for the Nintendo 3DS later this fall. We don't have any details out of the site page, but you can take a look at the banner image used above.
Etrian Odyssey V was originally released in Japan last August. You can find a Japanese trailer and some screenshots here.
Update: Atlus has officially announced the localization of Etrian Odyssey V and has given it the subtitle "Beyond the Myth". It's still on track to be released for the Nintendo 3DS in early 2018 in North America, with a European release date TBA. The game will be voiced in English and retail for $39.99.
Here are the details from the press release:
The fifth main installment of the long-running Etrian Odyssey series is finally arriving! Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Myth chronicles the quest of a new adventurer (hey, that’s you!) as he or she attempts to reach the top of the towering Yggdrasil Tree. For it is said that whoever braves the dangers of the dreaded Yggdrasil Labyrinth and reaches the summit will have their greatest wish fulfilled…
- A Choose-your-own-odyssey Feel – Starting with the creation of your party to exploring the uncharted labyrinth of the Yggdrasil Tree, Beyond the Myth is all about choosing how your own adventure unfolds. Test your survival skills by wisely navigating the winding floors of Yggdrasil, using shrewd tactics when battling gruesome beasts, making the right decisions during various “scenarios,” and more. To meet these challenges, the home base city of Iorys is ready for all your buying/selling, recruiting, and information-gathering needs!
- Gameplay Fit for a True Pathfinder – It wouldn’t be an Etrian Odyssey game without the life-or-death need to map your progress. For those new to the series, the bottom screen of the 3DS displays a top-down, tile-based map that must be filled out while dungeon crawling. Players can use the map to mark the locations of treasures, doors, enemies, environmental obstructions, and more. Expect the unexpected at every turn–and then make a note on the map so it’s not so unexpected next time!
- Epic Turn-based Battles – There’s a reason why no one has ever reached the top of Yggdrasil. Dangerous creatures and utterly terrifying FOEs–high-level mini-bosses, for you newcomers–roam the labyrinth on every floor, so prepare to test your mettle with challenging turn-based battles. Proper planning is a must and balancing strong party composition is absolutely crucial for success. You’ll need the right team to unleash Union Attacks and level the playing field!
- Expanded Character Creation and Customization – With four unique races, 10 distinct classes, more customization options than any previous game in the franchise, and a streamlined skill tree/class advancement, you can shape a party to whatever your heart desires.
- A Magical Art Style and Score – Longtime series illustrator Yuji Himukai and renowned composer Yuzo Koshiro return to add their signature magic to the art and music in the game.
You can check out the announcement trailer and screenshots below: