Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 arrives for the Nintendo Switch on September 22
Through a Facebook post, Bandai Namco revealed the official release date for the enhanced port of Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2. The game will arrive for the Nintendo Switch on September 22 for both North America and Europe in physical and digital formats. In Japan, it will be released on September 7.
This version will feature new and exclusive features not seeing on other platforms, including:
- 6 player local co-operative play via ad-hoc (extra Nintendo Switch units needed for LAN play)
- Local multiplayer on a single Nintendo Switch using individual Joy-Con controllers
The latter is a given due to the technology of the Switch, but the former is a really nice bonus for fans. Here's a full rundown via the press release:
It’s Time to Go Super Saiyan on Nintendo Switch
Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 builds upon the highly popular Dragon Ball Xenoverse with enhanced graphics that will further immerse players into the largest and most detailed Dragon Ball world ever developed. Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 for Nintendo Switch includes Nintendo Switch-specific features and a different way of playing with your friends both locally and online.
- Switch specific controls and functionality, for example perform the Kamehameha and Spirit Bomb with the Joy-Con motion controls.
- Six player local play mode (additional Nintendo Switch units required).
- Use individual Joy-Con controllers to play the game with a friend locally.
- Relive the Dragon Ball story by time traveling and protecting historic moments in the Dragon Ball universe.
- More in-depth avatar creation system and battle adjustments compared to Dragon Ball Xenoverse.
Along with the release date announcement, Bandai Namco shared a handful of new screenshots, which you can check out below.
Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 is currently out for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. Feel free to read our review of the PS4 version for more!