After the initial reveal two months ago, Koei Tecmo's Gust is finally publishing new information of Atelier Lydie and Soeur: Alchemists of the Mysterious Painting. They are published in this week's Weekly Famitsu and Dengeki PlayStation magazines, and we have early summarized details of the coverages thanks to Alternator.
Atelier Lydie and Soeur, the sequel and conclusion to Atelier's Mysterious series (which also include Atelier Sophie and Atelier Firis), will take place in Merveille, the capital of the kingdom of Adalet, which has a small atelier being managed by our two main characters who are novice alchemists. When they found a mysterious painting, a mysterious world expands inside the painting.
- Lydie Marlen (voiced by Maria Naganawa, designed by Yuugen)
The elder twin sister who has a carefree personality and also a natural airhead. Aged 14 years old, she wields a wand.
- Soeur Marlen (voiced by Hikaru Akao, designed by NOCO)
The younger twin sister who manages the atelier together with Lydie. In contrast to her elder sister, Soeur is a bright, energetic tomboy girl. She seems to use a pair of pistols.
- Mysterious paintings: The player can enter the mysterious painting found in the basement of the atelier, and can gather materials from there.
- Compounding: While being based on puzzles like Atelier Firis, new features will be also added, such as items that trigger activity.
- Combination Battle: The battle party member amount has been increased to 6 in total, consisting of 3 teams of 2 characters that will each be placed at front and back.
- Battle Mix: In this game, it will be also possible to do Compounding during battles.
Atelier Lydie and Soeur: Alchemists of the Mysterious Painting will be released for PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita, and Nintendo Switch in Japan this Winter. In addition to the Premium Box, which has some bonus items at a higher price, there is also an even more limited package called Atelier 20th Box to coincide with the series anniversary. And by purchasing the first print copies, there will be also bonuses of costumes of Marie and Elie from the first two Atelier games.
We are also planning to post a translation of the developer interview once we have obtained the magazines, so check back this site later if you are interested in it too.