Side-scrolling action-RPG 'Dragon: Marked for Death' announced for Switch by Inti Creates
UPDATE: Although the original fact sheet provided for Dragon Marked for Death listed a 3DS release, it was in error. The game will be exclusive to Nintendo Switch. Find the original post below.
During Nintendo's Summer 2017 Nindies Showcase this morning, developer Inti Creates revealed that side-scrolling action-RPG Dragon Marked for Death is set to release for Nintendo Switch this Winter. This is actually not the first time Dragon: Marked for Death has been announced - it was first revealed back in 2011 as a 3DS exclusive but news on the project laid dormant for years.
The game features both Local and Online multiplayer, where up to 4 people can team up through 30 quests and with 4 different character classes. An official site has also opened, where you can see the staff on board for the project, many being veterans of the Megaman Zero series of games.
You can see a small portion of gameplay in the Nindies Showcase video at 14:36. We also have the Fact Sheet and screenshots from Inti Creates listed below.
Title: Dragon Marked For Death
Publisher: Inti Creates
Developer: Inti Creates
Genre: Action RPG
Platform: Nintendo Switch
Number of Players: 1-4 (Offline: 1P-4P (Switch), Local & Online Multiplayer: 2P-4P)
Release Date: Winter 2017
Dragon: Marked for Death is a 2D side-scrolling action RPG game where up to 4 players can play together in either local multiplayer or online multiplayer. Refreshing, feel-good level designs based around intuitive 2D action-based gameplay await!
- Play through the game as one of four Dragonkin characters! – The characters, known as the Dragonkin, have forged a pact with dragons which granted them special new powers. You can choose any one of the Princess, Warrior, Shinobi, or Witch characters to play as.
- Each playable character has different strengths and abilities! – The Princess is a well-balanced DPS character, the Warrior is a Tank class character that protects the party with his high defense, the Shinobi is DPS that places emphasis on movement on tricky attacks, and the Witch can both heal her allies and damage her enemies.
- A fascinating and immersive dark fantasy world! – Carefully drawn pixel art from some of the industry’s best pixelmancers paints the entire picture and brings players right into the dark fantasy setting.
- Work together with your companions to progress through stages! – In Dragon: Marked for Death, working together with your companions opens up a whole new realm of possibilities when it comes to defeating enemies and traversing stages.
- Battle against gargantuan bosses! – Absolutely gigantic bosses that are bigger than the entire screen await our heroes. Work together with your comrades to take down these larger than life baddies!
- Dozens and dozens of hours worth of gameplay! – Make no mistake, Dragon: Marked for Death is a massive game for its genre. With single stages that span 200 tp 400 screens, over 30 main quests, and tons of side quests to tackle, players have tons of playtime to look forward to!