Monolith Soft has announced on Xenoblade Chronicles 2's official Twitter account that they are going to release new additional content for the Expansion Pass along with an update patch to version 1.2.0 tomorrow on January 19. Although they haven't published the full patch notes for version 1.2.0 yet as of this writing, they have posted details on the new content that will be added to the Expansion Pass.
We will be getting the first batch of new quests, as well as the third batch of downloadable items. The details are as follows:
- Passion of the Artisan (available from chapter 2)
- M.I.A. Nopon (available from chapter 3)
- Industrial Sort of Tour (available from chapter 5)
- Midnight Feasting (available from chapter 7)
- The Lone Watchman (available from chapter 10)
Item Pack 3
- Driver Essentials Set 2: 10 Rare Core Crystals, 1 Legendary Core Crystal, 1 Overdrive Protocol
- Tora's favorite thing: 3 Juicy Samods
- Poppi's favorite thing: 3 Fizz Juices
- Charming Driver Gear: 1 Auto-Balancer accessory
Update: Version Update 1.2.0
Here are the patch notes for version 1.2.0. These, of course, are applied to every copy of Xenoblade Chronicles 2 without the need of the Expansion Pass.
- Fixed an issue in which parts set to a specific Skill RAM failed to provide their intended effects.
- Adjusted the Gormott regular quest “The Riddle on the Wall” to make it completable regardless of player progression in the main story.
- Adjusted Finch’s Blade Quest “Birds of a Feather” to make it completable regardless of player progression in the main story.
- Fixed an issue in Agate’s Blade Quest “Precious Yearnings” preventing quest progression.
- Added functionality to allow players to receive the first round of quests and the second round of items associated with the Expansion Pass.
- Voiced segments in menus can now be skipped with the A or B button.
The Expansion Pass for Xenoblade Chronicles 2 can be purchased from Nintendo eShop for $29.99. Check out our review to see what we think about this RPG.