Nintendo shares information on Xenoblade Chronicles 2 patch 1.3 and Advanced New Game mode
Last night, Nintendo detailed a pretty massive update for Xenoblade Chronicles 2 coming in the form of patch 1.3. Included in the update are new items for expansion pass owners, a whole bunch of quality of life updates (many of which addressing the few issues noted in our review), and most excitingly, a lot of new features to expect alongside the game's New Game + option.
We've attached the press release's screenshots at the bottom of this post, they could be considered spoiler territory if you haven't finished the game yet.
UPDATE: It was announced on Feb 15, 2018 via the official Xenoblade twitter account that the 1.3 updates have been delayed to March 2.
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Advanced New Game Mode Features
To start things off, this is what carries over into New Game +. In order to access this mode, you must have cleared the game.
- Character Levels
- Affinity Charts of both Drivers and Blades
- All of your resonated Blades.
- Items and gold.
- City development levels and Mercenary Rank (though Missions themselves will reset)
- Unique Monster you've defeated will stay defeated.
Any of the game's quests, Heart-to-Hearts, and Skip Travel points will also be reset.
Here are the following features that are exclusive to the New Game + mode of Xenoblade Chronicles 2.
- The characters from Torna as well as their respective blades will be available for the party to use, totaling 7 new blades. They can be obtained from Common, Rare, or Legendary Core crystals, or they will join "as you meet them in quests".
- Merc Missions can now be undertaken by any blade in the party. So even story required blades such as Pyra can now be dispatched for any Merc Mission.
- Drivers’ Affinity Charts will be expanded.
- Bonus Exp can now be "returned" at an inn through a new level down feature, and can be traded at various traveling bard merchants. One of the listed items you can buy in this method is the ability to increase the number of accessories on a Driver.
- The game's final story blade will now be able to use a Level 4 special.
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Patch 1.3 General Updates
Here are the quality-of-life updates that will land with the patch on top of the Advanced New Game mode features:
- The ability to lock certain common blades to your party (to prevent accidental release).
- You can now skip the blade resonation sequence.
- The mini-map in-game will now share the icons previously exclusive to the Skip Travel map.
- There is now a selectable Easy Mode, and the option to change difficulty can be done at any time.
- More sorting options for gear and aux cores.
Lastly, owners of the game's expansion pass will receive a new set of items.
We have more news and update information for Xenoblade Chronicles 2 at the game's hub page.