The Monster Hunter: World Deviljho title update patch will be out on March 22
Capcom has finally divulged some details on the first major title update patch for their blockbuster game Monster Hunter: World set to be released this Spring. In fact, it will be available in just about a week after this article was posted.
As teased long before the game's release, this update will add the series popular monster Deviljho into the fray. It will invade 6&7-star quests, as well as high-rank expeditions after you have completed the investigation for "??? Rathian" in the main story. A special assignment for Deviljho is also unlockable after you have completed certain requirements.
Materials carved from Deviljho can be sent to the Smithy to produce new Deviljho-themed weapons, and also the high-rank Vangis Alpha & Vangis Beta armor sets. You can take a look at some of the examples in the screenshots below:
Of course, this title update patch will have more than just simply adding Deviljho, as it will also come with adjustments for most of the weapon types in the game. You can check the detailed list right below:
- Great Sword: Increased the damage for Charged Slash abilities. (Charged Slash II & III, Strong Charged Slash II & III)
- Long Sword: Improvements to Foresight Slash input timing and hitbox detection.
Foresight Slash - Time window & Hitbox to successfully trigger increased, Damage hitbox increased, Increased the angle that the player can control the direction of the attack.
Spirit Helm Breaker - (Bug fix) After use, you should now properly be immune to knockbacks until you land on the ground.
- Dual Blades: Made the Demon Gauge easier to maintain.
Demon Gauge - Can now be increased by Demon Mode roundslashes and Demon Flurry Rush.
Demon Mode - Fixed a bug where you could not cancel Demon Mode when transitioning from a Demon Dodge.
- Sword & Shield: Roundslash damage increase and improved slinger usability. Wedge beetles can now be used when using the slinger with your weapon drawn.
- Hammer: Adjusted the stun values on charged attacks. (Charge Tier 2 - Charged Upswing & Charged Brutal Upswing, Charge Tier 3 - Charged Big Bang)
- Hunting Horn: General attack power increase. The Encore effect for the Self-Improvement melody now also increases your attack power (the effect is now "Attack Up + Deflected Attack Prevention").
- Lance: Adjusted to be easier to use.
Counter-thrust - Temporary knockback negation during a successful counter-thrust.
- Gunlance: Reduced sharpness loss for shelling, and made some attack power increases.
Shelling - Damage parameters increased when sharpness is yellow or more.
Sharpness loss alleviated for all Wyrmstake Cannon and Wyvern's Fire attacks.
Wyrmstake Cannon & Wyvern's Fire - Damage increased.
- Switch Axe: Zero Sum Discharge adjusted to make it easier to use.
Zero Sum Discharge - Level 4 Earplugs effect during use, Finisher damage increased, and a bug fix where after using it you should now properly be immune to knockbacks until you land on the ground.
It is now possible to chain the beginning of Sword: Jumping Element Discharge into Zero Sum Discharge.
Mounted Discharge Finisher - No longer causes sharpness loss.
- Charge Blade: Balance adjustments to Impact Phial and Power Element Phial.
Axe: Super Amped Element Discharge - Stun values decreased for Impact Phials, and Power Element Phial explosions spaced closer to make them easier to hit.
Attack power increases from effects other than that of the Artillery skill (for the explosions on Impact Phials) were adjusted.
Phial stun values increased for all attacks other than Axe: Super Amped Element Discharge.
Elemental values increased for all attack phials.
- Insect Glaive: Improvements to extract attack power increase and extract effect length.
Improved the effect of the attack power increase for red/white and red/white/orange extract hybrid effects.
Extract effect times increased overall and no longer decrease while mounting a monster.
- Bow: Fixed various bugs.
Dashing Shot - Fixed a bug where the Spread/Power Shots skill effect was applied twice.
Dragon Piercer - Fixed a bug where you could shoot past the attack's angle limitations. Now shoots straight ahead of the player, regardless of the camera angle, when shot with the camera angle past the attack's angle limitations.
- Light Bowgun and Heavy Bowgun: No adjustments made.
Capcom is also making other gameplay adjustments in this title update patch. Here are some of the improvements made; the full list will be published later when the update goes live.
- Optimized data processing to reduce loading times.
- Added the "Text Size" setting for changing subtitle text size, under Start Menu > Options Game Settings.
- Added "Return to Gathering Hub" (single player) and "Disband & Return to Gathering Hub" (multiplayer) to the options for "Select Return Destination" after a quest.
- Attacks from allies no longer interrupt you during the carving animation. Additionally, players are now immune to all hit reactions, including bombs, during carving animations after quest completion.
This Spring 2018 update patch for Monster Hunter: World will be available on March 22. If you've just started playing this game, don't forget to check our guides which will help you navigate throughout the game.