Over a year ago, developer Baroque Decay, makers of indie darling The Count Lucanor, and VA-11 HALL-A composer Michael "Garoad" Kelly announced along with publisher Another Indie that they are working on a new survival horror game titled Yuppie Psycho.
At the time of its initial reveal, they only shared that the title would be arriving on PC, Mac, and Linux. Since then, it appears their vision has expanded to the point where it will now see the light of day on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and the Nintendo Switch. Hooray!
Unfortunately, there is still no release date scheduled, but we'll let you know if that ever changes.
Here is a full rundown of the game from its Steam page:
First day at a new job? What a nightmare!
Join Brian Pasternack, a young man with no future in a dystopian 90s society, on his first day at one of the world’s largest companies, Sintracorp. Uncertain, unprepared, and massively unqualified, will Pasternack have what it takes to shine in Sintracorp’s hierarchy? It all depends on how he performs on his first assignment… and whether he survives it.
During his unconventional employee orientation, Pasternack discovers what his new job really entails: hunting a “witch” whose powers made the success of the corporation possible in the first place, but who now seems to have returned to torment its employees. Brian will meet all kinds of odd characters, escape from terrible creatures, and unravel the hidden secrets of Sintracorp’s dark past.
During Brian’s Time at Sintracorp, you will:
- Familiarize Yourself with Your Workspace: Use the elevator to discover who’s working and what’s lurking on every floor of Sintracorp.
- Learn Office Protocol: Learn when to chat, when to work, and when to cower in terror from otherworldly beings.
- Engage in Watercooler Conversation: Investigate your co-workers and discover their sordid, blood-soaked secrets.
- Consider your five-year goal: Only you can choose how this story will end, so make your decisions carefully!
- Assess health and safety: Use different light methods to light your path and reveal what is breathing in the dark.
- Conduct a Rigorous Personal Assessment: Find clues, solve riddles, discover new paths – all without letting the Witch catch you!
Check out its announcement trailer from December 2016 below: