Imperator: Rome is the next grand strategy title from Paradox
During their Paradox Con event today, the grand strategy experts at Paradox Development Studio announced that their next game will Imperator: Rome, a historical strategy game set during the early days of Rome in 302 BC. This will cover the growth of Rome all the way through to the Roman Empire that takes place centuries later. It will be out sometime in 2019 for PC.
Here's a rundown of the game from its Steam page:
Alexander. Hannibal. Caesar. These great men and dozens like them shaped the destiny of a continent. Mighty kings, clever generals and would-be gods made their mark on the ancient Mediterranean. Around this sea, close knit nations tested their mettle and virtue against each other in fierce combat, their cultural and political legacy now inseparable from what we understand as Western Civilization. But nothing was guaranteed. Can you change the course of history in Imperator: Rome?
- Character Management: A living world of characters with varying skills and traits that will change over time. They will lead your nation, govern your provinces and command your armies and fleets. We also introduce our new, more human-like character art.
- Diverse Populations: Citizens, freemen, tribesmen and slaves - each population with its own culture and religion. Whether they fill your armies, fill your coffers or fill your colonies, keep an eye on their happiness - your success depends on their satisfaction.
- Battle Tactics: Choose your approach before battle to counter the stratagems of your foes.
- Military Traditions: Each culture has a unique way of waging war. Romans and Celts have different options available to them. Unlock unique bonuses, abilities and units.
- Different Government Types: Manage the senate in a Republic, hold your court together in a monarchy, answer to the clans in a tribal system.
- Barbarians and Rebellions: Migrating barbarians may sack or settle your best land, while disloyal governors or generals can turn against you - taking their armies with them!
- Trade: Goods provide bonuses to their home province. Will you take advantage of stockpiles for local strength or trade excess goods to spread the wealth around?
- Provincial Improvement: Invest in buildings, roads and defences to make your kingdom stronger and richer.
Check out the announcement trailer for the game below:
Finally, here are a few screenshots as well: