Update: We now know Undertale will launch worldwide for the Nintendo Switch on September 18 via Tobyfox.
Creator Toby Fox announced earlier today that his cult hit Undertale will be arriving for the Nintendo Switch sometime in September, with an exact date forthcoming. Nintendo originally revealed the title would be making its way to their portable platform during a Nintendo Indies showcase held back in March.
Along with the announcement, Fangamer has also put up pre-orders for the Collector's Edition with shipments going out sometime in September as well. The $69 set closely resembles the PlayStation 4 Collector's Edition and will include:
- Physical copy of Undertale for the Nintendo Switch
- Heart-shaped music box locket made of 14kgold-plated brass
- A 24-page story booklet illustrated by Temmie Cheng
- The complete Undertale 2-disc soundtrack,
- An Undertale sheet music booklet with six songs and annotations by Toby Fox
- A sturdy matchbox-style collector's box.
Those who decide to opt in for the standard edition will receive a physical copy of the game along with a 24-page story booklet with illustrations from artist Temmie Cheng. You will be able to buy either edition either through the Fangamer online storefront or from 1000 Best Buy locations (the first time Fangamer merchandise has been available through a major retailer).