Alaloth: Champions of the Four Kingdoms is an isometric action RPG coming to Xbox One and PC in 2019, developed by Gamra Interactive. Gamera is a relatively new studio based in Padua, Italy. The game was originally announced in early 2017, followed by a teaser trailer released late in 2018, but it's a release that slipped under our radar so we wanted to round up media and available info here.
As described to IGN, Alaloth's gameplay will be generally divided into two distinct phases - turn-based overworld exploration and action-based combat. Outside of combat, players will visit various points of interest to develop their character and visit the titular four kingdoms to perform quests or progress the storyline. Combat itself is described as "isometric souls-like", bringing action RPG elements more commonly found in 3D games to the isometric style. Multiplayer functionality is also planned to be included.
Alaloth will have the player align themselves with one of the four kingdoms, which will unlock different quests as well as different sections of the overworld based on how you play. Replayability, in order to make different choices, is stated to be a key component of the game's design. Alaloth also features storyline and character narratives written with assistance from former Obsidian Entertainment designer Chris Avellone.
Find a teaser trailer, fact sheet, screenshot set, and artwork set below. You can check out the Steam page here.
- The very first isometric souls-like game ever made: instant action, fun and a unique hardcore combat system to master. Intense combat and dungeon diving granted
- 4 playable races (Humans, Elves, Dwarves, Orcs)
- 40+ houses and clans to fight for with their own background, alliances, intrigues. Finish the game once to start your own legacy to write your own history in The Four Kingdoms
- In-game editor to customize your character choosing different Ways of Power, classes and skills
- 12 memorable companions with their own backstories ready to join or fight you during your journey
- Local Multiplayer & Coop up to 4 players: group with other players or fight them to get access to the final battle. The glory awaits only the bravest!
- Explore, craft, gain reputation and unlock new quests in an ever-changing world that is different in each run
- World, lore and character backstories created in collaboration with RPG legend Chris Avellone, providing creative support and feedback on content design
- Beware the dragons