Idea Factory International has posted new screenshots and information for Dragon Star Varnir, showcasing characters as well as battle system basics, the 'Dragon Core' system, and 'giant' boss battles.
Find the screenshots and information from Idea Factory below. In case you missed it, you can check out the announcement information. Dragon Star Varnir is set to release this summer for PlayStation 4.
- Zephy: A low-ranking member of the Knights of Requiem. Although a serious man, he is kind to his peers. He was attacked by a dragon, and was on the verge of death when he was saved by a band of witches who gave him dragon's blood to survive.
- Minessa: A responsible witch on the search for a way to lift the dragon's curse. As a survivor of the Carnival of Death, she is terrified of flames. She will never forget the face of the witch behind that terrible massacre.
- Karikaro: A no-nonsense witch who has a ditzy side. It's often difficult to tell if she's acting out of logic or haste. She is afraid death is quickly approaching due to her passing the average age of the elder witches. She loves to cook, but her unique cooking style can produce... interesting results.
- Laponette: She's graceful but always looks melancholic. She holds the magical power of clairvoyance and can see the sad future of those she touches so she hates her power. She does not want to be involved with people that she does not trust. She is especially intimidated by men.
- Charlotta: A mysterious witch who claims to be a terrible witch of legend. According to her, she is the one behind the massacre known as the Carnival of Death in which she took the lives of 100 witches a decade ago.
Where Battles Take Place: Fights take place in a 3-tiered battlefield: Top, Middle, and Bottom Levels, where players can move freely between the tiers during battle.
Physical & Magical Skills: Active players can use 4 different physical attacks that can be performed against an enemy on the same tier: Slash, Hit, Pierce, and Shoot. Deny an enemy's turn by attacking their weak point! There are 6 different Magical Skill attributes that players can utilize: Earth, Water, Fire, Wind, Light, and Dark. Physical attacks can only be performed on enemies on the same tier for the chance for critical attacks, but can leave you more vulnerable to damage. Magic attacks can hit enemies on any tier, but have no chance for critical damage. You'll have to strategize positions to do the most damage!
Devour Skill: Attack enemies to increase the enemy's Fear Level. Speed the process by attacking their weak points and performing critical hits. The higher the Fear, the easier it will be to eat the dragons! Eat an enemy using your Devour skill to obtain the enemy's skill tree. Additionally, when the enemy's Fear Level is 100%, this will cause a weak point rush to occur! This trick will allow three allies to execute a consecutive rush attack with the last person performing the Devour skill. If the enemy's HP drops to 0 during a rush, the Devour skill is guaranteed to be successful.
Dragon Awakening: The Dragon Awakening system allows characters to transform into an unstoppable force with stronger armor and increased abilities. In this state, you can use special skills, including the Special Devour Skill. However, if you ignite it when your HP is extremely low, there are chances that your power may go berserk and you may incur a Rogue Dragon Awakening. During this state, your attack power and escape rate may increase, but your defense will greatly decrease - a huge gamble, so make sure you utilize the Rogue Dragon Awakening carefully!
Dragon Core - During battle, players can eat a dragon using the Devour Skill. Once the dragon is eaten, you obtain its Dragon Core - a skill tree that grants characters new skills and bonuses. The Dragon Core is a unique system that allows players to explore 126 possible Dragon Core combinations! Whenever you select the dragon to devour, there is a success rate percentage of devouring. Weaken the enemy to increase your chances! Be sure to use different party members, because each Dragon Core devoured will only be available to the party member who successfully devoured the enemy.
Giant Dragon Battles
Giant Dragon Battles: Players will experience battles against Giant Dragons who takes up all three levels! By damaging each of its body parts until their HP reaches 0, that part of the body (and the associated attacks) will be sealed. Additionally, you can temporarily knock out the boss so be strategic on which body parts or main body you will attack!