Borderlands: Game of the Year Edition announced, releases on April 3 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC
Gearbox Software and 2K Games have announced Borderlands: Game of the Year Edition, set to release on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC on April 3.
Find the trailer, details, and screenshots below via Gearbox and 2K Games.
Discover the co-op shooter-looter that started it all, crammed with additional content and enhancements! Equip bazillions of guns as one of four trigger-happy mercenaries, each with unique RPG skills. Take on the lawless, desolate planet of Pandora in pursuit of a powerful alien technology: The Vault. With brand new weapons, substantial visual upgrades, quality of life improvements, all four add-on packs, and more, Borderlands: Game of the Year Edition is the brand new definitive version of the award-winning 2009 first-person shooter / role-playing game hybrid, available now for the first time on current generation consoles.
- Quality of Life Improvements: Significant updates to the game’s supporting systems allow for a smoother overall experience. For example:
- A Borderlands 2-style mini-map, which you can toggle on and off, has been added to complement the original compass.
- Substantial improvements to the inventory system—such as allowing you to “lock” weapons or mark them as “ junk ”—simplify item management.
- Items like ammo, money, and health now auto-pick up from the ground.
- Rewards Ready: With the addition of the SHiFT player rewards program, you can now use Golden Keys to unlock special in-game items and rewards. Returning SHiFT users who’ve played Borderlands 2 or The Pre-Sequel on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, or PC will receive 75 free Golden Keys, as well as two randomly selected all-new weapons, for their first newly-created Vault Hunter.
- Added Firepower: A new set of six named, custom-skinned Legendary weapons make the base game’s arsenal even deeper. Beat bosses or gather Golden Keys for a chance to collect ‘em all.
- Badder Boss Battles: In direct response to fan feedback, the campaign ’s final boss encounter has been adjusted to be more engaging, challenging, and rewarding.
- Cosmetic Customization: For the first time, you will be able to customize your Vault Hunter beyond simply selecting a color scheme. Each of the four available characters has five brand new cosmetic heads unlocked and equippable right from the start of the game.
- Now Available on Modern Consoles: Borderlands: Game of the Year Edition makes the original Borderlands readily available on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 for the first time, in addition to providing a newly enhanced and visually remastered version for PC players .
- Free to Existing Owners on PC: If you already own the original Borderlands on Steam, you’ll be able to upgrade to Borderlands: Game of the Year Edition absolutely free.
- Bazillions of Guns: Rocket-launching shotguns, enemy-torching revolvers, SMGs that fire lightning rounds, and tons more procedurally generated firearms.
- RPG Progression: Slay your foes, gain experience points, and build out extensive skill trees unique to each of the four Vault Hunters.
- Co-op Frenzy: Tear through the opposition as a crew of up to four, with four-player split-screen available on consoles and online co-op available across all platforms.
- Rich Universe: Uncover the rewarding mysteries, memorable inhabitants, and deep lore of Pandora—and the Borderlands narrative universe.
- Intense Vehicular Combat: Get behind the wheel and engage in frenetic vehicle-to-vehicle combat.
- Radical Art Style: Traditional rendering techniques combined with hand-drawn textures give Borderlands its iconic style.
- Borderlands [Base Game]: The original shooter-looter in all its visually remastered glory.
- The Zombie Island of Doctor Ned [DLC]: Enter the corporate-owned small town known as Jakobs Cove and put an end to the rumors of the walking “undead.” New are as, new missions, new enemies, oh my!
- Mad Moxxi’s Underdome Riot [DLC]: Celebrate the grand opening of Marcus Bank by taking on hundreds of foes in the only competitive arena around where you come back famous… or not at all.
- The Secret Armory of General Knoxx [DLC]: Want more of the Borderlands story and more loot than you could possibly figure out what to do with? Add new guns, missions, vehicles and more!
- Claptrap’s New Robot Revolution [DLC]: This destructive adventure invites you to battle a vicious new threat: a massive uprising of your former friends, the Claptraps.