Cris Tales Announced, Releasing Next Year
During the PC Gaming Conference, a new indie RPG was announced, and it is beautiful. Named Cris Tales, the developers describe the game as a love letter to JRPGs, and releases next year.
The RPG has an interesting mechanic regarding time. You can see the past, present, and future all at once, and affect how the world will change. Check out the trailer below:
Also, while the game isn't releasing until 2020, you'll be able to try out a demo of Cris Tales on Steam soon--June 24. You can also learn more about the game via the Steam store page:
- A Love Letter to Classic JRPGs – Inspired by timeless JRPGs like Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VI, Valkyrie Profile, and modern classics like Bravely Default and Persona 5, meet and recruit a unique cast of teammates, challenge myriad enemies, and make your way through an expansive world.
- Experience the Past, Present, and Future Simultaneously – Peer into and learn from the past, decide on actions in the present, and alter the course of the future in ways that will reshape the world dynamically depending on the choices you make.
- Master Strategic Turn-Based Combat – Warp your enemies into the past or future, synchronize attacks for enhanced group abilities, and master the timing of attack and defense to go beyond your party’s limits in combat.
- Uncover a Fascinating Story & Characters – The Empress’ plot to destroy the world is complex and layered. Use your wits and recruit powerful allies throughout the world to uncover and undo her multi-faceted web and make your way to the True Ending of this enchanting tale.
- Discover a Beautiful World – Climb aboard an airship or boat and traverse this handcrafted, dark fairytale world. From the shining kingdom of Crystallis to the slums of Saint Clarity, discover each unique location and shape its future.
Finally, get a look at the first screenshots of Cris Tales:
Cris Tales will release in 2020 on the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC.