Pagan Online exits Early Access for full launch on August 27
Mad Head Games and Wargaming have announced that Pagan Online will leave Early Access for a full launch on August 27. The game will be priced at $29.99
Pagan Online is an online hack & slash RPG inspired by Slavic myths that launched in Early Access in April this year. It boasts PvE modes that can be played both solo and co-operatively with friends.
Find a gameplay trailer, screenshot set, and the press release below in full.
Pagan Online Officially Launches on August 27 with Massive Feature and Content Updates
Official Launch Version of Action RPG Will Continue to Develop and Grow After Exiting Early AccessJuly 25, 2019 - Pagan Online, the hack-and-slash action RPG from Wargaming and Mad Head Games, will exit Early Access on August 27. At launch, the game will feature extensive updates and revamped systems based on player feedback gathered during Early Access. Pagan Online combines classic top-down action RPG gameplay with session-based PVE action, unique characters, and combat that will challenge even the most seasoned players. The release version will have a price tag of $29.99.
"Since we began closed alpha testing 10 months ago, Pagan Online has been constantly evolving with the help of our players,” said Uros Banjesevic, Chief Creative Officer of Mad Head Games. "During our 4 month run in Early Access we have implemented massive changes and amazing new features and mechanics to deliver the best possible 1.0 experience at full launch. It is going to be, literally, a different game."
- Full story campaign - Featuring eight total acts, new zones and maps, and two new bosses.
- Click-to-move controls and full controller support - Originally designed for WASD controls, the control scheme has been extended due to popular demand.
- Two new playable characters - Joining the battle and expanding the roster of heroes players can choose from are:
- Elden - A quick and nimble dual-wielding ice construct with high attack speed, capable of slowing and potentially freezing enemies with each slice.
- Hector - An agile scrapper who specializes in everything fire. His weapon of choice is blunderbuss and he uses dirty tricks to set the battleground ablaze.
- Fabled Weapons - Some Legendary Weapons could be upgraded to Fabled by overcoming Pagan Online’s toughest battles.
- Schools of Magic - Ultra rare gear sets that boost stats and provide awesome new looks.
- Revamped crafting and loot drop systems - Making drops more valuable, diverse, and immediately usable, while recipes become more rare and have a bigger impact.
- All-new skill trees - Letting players build and spec out unique heroes by improving, modifying, and unlocking new abilities.
“While this is a premium title, it is also a service, and players can expect regular updates to the game both in content and gameplay,” said Jacob Beucler, Product Director at Wargaming. “We are committed to continue to iterate on our game. We are excited to not only end the Early Access journey, but also to begin building what comes next.”
The launch version of Pagan Online will be exclusively playable before release at Gamescom in Cologne, Germany August 20-24 in the Wargaming booth (Booth A031 in Hall 8.1). Players who demo at the booth will receive an exclusive in-game pet, Decimator the dragon, while players who log in to the Early Access version during Gamescom will receive another exclusive in-game pet, Mighty Mut the brave raccoon.
The Pagan Online team has also introduced a community initiative called the Might & Glory Club. This club gives content creators, streamers, artists, bloggers and everyone who creates on constant basis or has a community of any size an opportunity to take part in the launch of Pagan Online launch and to be mentioned in the game’s credits. Club members will be granted access and will be able to stream and publish videos and other content on the release version of Pagan Online a week before launch. All members will also receive codes for in-game rewards, including Decimator the dragon, that can be given away on their channel. Every day from August 21st to 25th the PaganOnline team and its media partners will nominate Heroes of Pagan Online from authors of the most creative and resonant pieces of content. Heroes selected during this event will be included in the game credits and their content will receive media support from Pagan Online and its media partners. The most creative participants will be offered a partnership with Pagan Online, with more information to be shared in the weeks to come. Content creators are encouraged to apply to join the Might & Glory Club today at https://www.pagan-online.com/pages/might-and-glory-club-application-form
Check out the latest gameplay trailer for Pagan Online here.
The Early Access version of Pagan Online is available for $19.99 at:
Follow Pagan Online on social media for more information and updates:
- Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/992640
- Wargaming.net: https://wargaming.net/shop/pagan/featured/PRODUCT_EA_BUNDLE/