Grandia HD Remaster for PC set for September
While Grandia HD Collection releases on Nintendo Switch tomorrow, it looks like the stand-alone Grandia HD Remaster for PC will launch sometime next month, according to a new Steam store page.
Also to note, the currently available Grandia II Anniversary Edition on Steam is expected to update to Grandia II HD Remaster, which will include further updates such as wide-screen capability. Gungho told us when we met with them at E3, that those who already own Grandia II Anniversary Edition on Steam can receive the upgraded version for free.
Check out a PC version trailer, overview from the Steam page, and some screenshots below.
GRANDIA HD Remaster is now available! Celebrate its exciting adventures once again!
GRANDIA tells the story of Justin, the protagonist, and his companions in a race against the evil Garlyle Forces to uncover the long-lost secrets of an ancient civilization. Experience the game that became an instant classic and is considered to be one of the most influential RPGs of all time.
Originally created by Game Arts, developers of such classics as the Lunar series, GRANDIA was met with wide critical acclaim when released for the SEGA Saturn in 1997 and PlayStation® in 1999. GRANDIA recieved numerous awards including GameSpot Editor's Choice, IGN Editor's Choice Award and an Award for Excellence from the CESA AWARDS '97, currently known as "Japan Game Awards".
GRANDIA HD Remaster features:
- Enhanced UI, sprites, and texture art details
- Original cinematic videos that have been visually enhanced
- Widescreen support and customizable resolutions (PC only)
- Steam cards and Achievements (PC only)
- Audio: Japanese and English
- Language Support: Original English and Japanese PLUS French and German translations
- Gamepad and keyboard support with remappable controls (PC only)