Black Tower Entertainment has announced that tactical rogue-lite RPG Sin Slayers will release for Steam and Humble Store on September 5, compatible with Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux. A free demo of the game is also available.
Check out a recent gameplay trailer below, alongside a description and some screenshots. Thanks RPGamer for the heads up.
Sin Slayers is an RPG with roguelike elements set in a dark fantasy world, where your choices determine how challenging the fights and enemies will be. Create, equip and lead a team of heroes.
Each unit will have its own abilities and weaknesses, so plan your combat strategy accordingly. You’ll journey through stinking primeval forests, boneyards riddled with crypts and the graves of fallen warriors, and other places even the bravest adventurer would fear to tread. Battles, traps, and bizarre enemies... Everything and everyone wishes to take your life, but don't succumb to despair.
Between fights your party can take their rest at a fountain, or while on the road in an old church which leaves its doors open to the weary and wounded. Travel every path and byway of the Valley, obtain new weapons on the field of battle or by fulfilling quests, gather ingredients for magical elixirs and resources to craft armor and amulets. If a certain item is beyond your crafting ability, ask the blacksmith in the Old Church for help. The best gear will allow you to challenge the deadliest monsters.
- 10 playable characters with their unique histories and skill sets
- Many pixel-art stylized monsters characterized by damage, skills, and behavior.
- 7 regions, each of which belongs to one Sin Lord.
- A unique system for assessing the player's behavior in the game, called «sin-o-meter»: think carefully about your actions in the game and do not commit bad deeds. Otherwise, the power of the monsters will increase, and you will not receive additional game bonuses.
- Generated maps of locations with a variety of events and encounters: get ready for surprises. The Valley is full of mysteries and secrets lurking at every turn.
- Game regions with their own events and game conditions, monsters, bosses and the Sin Lords: explore the Valley of Fallen Sinners and their enemies, information about the game world and foes will increase the chances of winning.
- Personalization of skill sets and line-up of characters: choose characters and their skills and magical abilities accurately; your strategy will define the outcome of the decisive battle.
- Enjoy: JRPG-styled turn-based battles.