Divinity: Original Sin II - Definitive Edition for Nintendo Switch releases today
During today's Direct stream, Larian Studios announced that Divinity: Original Sin II - Definitive Edition launches for Nintendo Switch today on Nintendo eShop for $49.99. The game originally released for PC in 2017 and launched for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in 2018. The Nintendo eShop page is here.
The game also features cross-save between the Nintendo Switch version and the Steam version, so players can upload and download their save files and progress a single playthrough both machines.
Check out a new trailer, description, and set of Switch screenshots below via Larian Studios.
Join the battle for Divinity in a world that reacts to who you are, and what you do. Adventure as a flesh-eating Elf, or an imperial Lizard. Play as a mighty Dwarf, or lead your party as an Undead, risen from the grave!
- Choose your race and origin. Choose from 6 unique origin characters with their own backgrounds and quests, or create your own hero as a Human, Lizard, Elf, Dwarf, or Undead. All choices have consequences.
- Unlimited freedom to explore and experiment. Go anywhere, talk to anyone, and interact with everything! Kill any NPC without sacrificing your progress, and speak to every animal. Even ghosts might be hiding a secret or two…
- The next generation of turn-based combat. Blast your opponents with elemental combinations. Use height to your advantage. Master over 200 skills in 12 skill schools. But beware - the game’s AI 2.0 is our most devious invention to date.
- Up to four-player online cooperative gameplay for the entire game, spanning over 100 hours of award-winning narrative.
Additionally, a second free Gift Bag DLC has launched today, available for all versions. Here all the details:
The Switch version is launching alongside the second Gift Bag: free DLC that includes content for new and existing players, on all existing platforms. This content is periodically patched into the game at no extra cost, with more to come over the year.
Gift Big 1 released earlier in the year and included new character customization options. Gift Bag 2, called Song of Nature, includes:
- Crafter's Kit - Plenty of new recipes and unique items to craft!
- Endless Runner - Find a new icon in your Hotbar which you can use to toggle sprint on and off. Sprint increases your movement speed of your party and the movement speed of your followers.
- Animal Empathy - Allows all player characters to talk to animals without having to spend a talent point. Also Changes Pet Pal talent to grant maximum positive attitude in all conversations with animals.
- Fort Joy Magic Mirror - Manifests a Magic Mirror in the Arena of Fort Joy, along with a new Character Creation level. This allows you to respec before moving on to the next act of the game.
- 8 Action Points - Increases the base maximum Action Points of hero characters to 8.
- Herb Gardens - Plant your own herb garden! Take any herb and combine it with a bucket to create a seedling. Then just place your seedling in the ground and watch it grow.
*Every purchase of Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition on each of the aforementioned platforms automatically grants you access to the Gift Bag DLCs released prior, and to be periodically released over the coming months.