Koei Tecmo and Gust have today released the first title update for Atelier Ryza: Ever Darkness and the Secret Hideout which is already available in Japan and Asia. The main highlight of this update is Photo Mode, where players can take pictures by altering time and character positions, and then decorating them with filters and frames.
You can watch the first update trailer that has been uploaded at Gust's channel right below. You can also check out the roadmap of DLC and updates for Atelier Ryza that has been provided by Gust below that. Note that as these lists are based on the Japanese release dates and prices, the schedule may vary for the upcoming Western localizations.
Atelier Ryza: Ever Darkness and the Secret Hideout has been released in Japan and Asia for PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch on September 26. The English localization along with the PC Steam release will follow later on October 29 in North America and November 1 in Europe.
Free Update Schedule
Batch 1 - Available October 10
- Photo Mode where players can take portraits of the party characters and modify them with filters and frames
- Check your party's top damage score against Lamb Roast #2
- In the middle part of the story, you will be able to Raise a Puni. Feeding it can alter its stats or even appearance, and it will also occasionally go on a journey to gather items for the party.
Batch 2 - Available in October
- Enhances some skills
- Extends character level cap to 99
- Expand Weapon Strengthening system
- Adds the hardest Legend difficulty
Batch 3 - Available in November
- Extends level cap for gathering spots
All of the content from Batch 2 and beyond is included in the Season Pass which is sold at 7,480 yen in Japan
Batch 1 - Coming in October
- Atelier Series Legacy BGM Pack (Free) - Lets you change BGM from Ryza's diary; this pack contains BGM from past Atelier titles up to Atelier Lydie & Suelle
Batch 2 - Coming around October ~ November
- Weapon Coordinates (220 yen per character) - A set of 3 weapon skins for each party character: Ryza, Klaudia, Lent, Tao, Empel, and Lila. These skins won't change weapon stats.
- Tao's Story "Like a Twisting Rope" (660 yen) - Tao is the protagonist of this story
- Lent's Story "The True Power" (660 yen) - Lent is the protagonist of this story
Batch 3 - Coming around November ~ December
- Swimsuit Costumes for each of the 6 party characters (330 yen per character)
- Seasonal Event "Ever Summer and the Secret Island" (660 yen) - The private beach here will be also eventually available as a gathering spot
- Empel & Lila's Story "Beyond the Ended Story" (660 yen) - Lila is the protagonist of this story
Batch 4 - Coming around November ~ December
- High Difficulty Map "Secret Island" (990 yen)
- Klaudia's Story "Atelier Klaudia" (660 yen) - Klaudia is the protagonist of this story
- Gust Extra BGM Pack (990 yen) - Includes over 350 BGMs from Atelier Lulua and other Gust titles such as Blue Reflection, Nights of Azure, and Augmented Reality Girls Trinary