Square Enix has released a new trailer for Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers patch 5.1, which most notably adds a new Nier: Automata alliance raid titled YoRHa: Dark Apocalypse. The update will be available on October 29, 2019.
Several new screenshots and artwork for the new patch content has also been shared. Below you can find the trailer, press release detailing the patch, and image gallery.
Halloween-themed content is also currently ongoing in the return of the Continental Circus for All Saints’ Wake, where players can earn seasonal items.
The trailer of Patch 5.1, titled Vows of Virtue, Deeds of Cruelty also provides a glimpse at many of the new adventures and areas that await players in the first major patch update following the release of the MMO’s critically acclaimed third expansion, Shadowbringers ™
In addition to the trailer reveal, Producer and Director Naoki Yoshida unveiled new details of content players will experience in Patch 5.1, during the latest Letter from the Producer LIVE stream:
- New Main Scenario Quests – The next chapter in the acclaimed Shadowbringers main storyline.
- New 24-Player Alliance Raid: “The Copied Factory” – Featuring Yosuke Saito and YOKO TARO as guest creators, players will battle against machine lifeforms as they explore this new raid dungeon inspired by the world of NieR.
- New Game+ – Revisit previously completed quests, cutscenes, dialog, and battles while keeping your current character and level. Patch 5.1 includes the main scenario quests for Heavensward, Stormblood, and Shadowbringers.
- New Trial: Hades (Extreme) – Players can relive the battle against this fearsome foe in a high-difficulty battle challenge.
- New Dungeon: “The Grand Cosmos” – Players can explore this great palace built by the Elves alongside fellow adventurers, or a party of non-player characters using the Trust system.
- New Beast Tribe Quests – Enter the fantastical Garden of Dreams, Lyhe Mheg—a new area featuring a new questline with more of the mischief-loving pixies.
- New PvP Frontline Map: “Onsal Hakair” (Patch 5.15) – Grand Companies will join forces with the tribes of the Azim Steppe to demonstrate their battle prowess in this competition of territory control.
- Job Adjustments – The ninja, samurai, and summoner jobs will receive comprehensive adjustments to their current playstyles, while other jobs will receive various changes and tweaks.
- Crafting and Gathering Overhaul – Various adjustments to actions, the removal of additional actions, UI improvements, and more will enhance the gathering and crafting experience for beginners and veterans alike.
- New Gold Saucer GATE “The Slice is Right” – Yojimbo makes his debut at the Gold Saucer in this new mini game that will test players’ reflexes…and sheer luck.
- Patch 5.1 will also feature the introduction of the ‘Fellowship’ community system, updates to Performance Actions, system updates, and more.
Players can also look forward to even more content in Patch 5.11, including the gatherer and crafter-focused “Restoration of the Holy See of Ishgard.” Players on each World will work together as a whole to deliver goods, complete various tasks, and restore the Firmament to its former glory. Additionally, Patch 5.11 will introduce the latest Ultimate difficulty raid, “The Epic of Alexander”—a raid which will push even the most skilled players to their limits.
Halloween festivities are currently underway in FINAL FANTASY XIV Online with the return of the Continental Circus for All Saints’ Wake. Through November 1, 2019, players may earn a variety of in-game items, including the Circus Ahriman mount, by completing the seasonal event content. Full details may be found here: https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/2019/All_Saints_Wake/