Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore website opens, new features outlined
Much of this information was shared in magazines last month. As far as new features to this port go, they can be summarized as
- A variety of new costumes for characters, including a Fire Emblem: Three Houses costume for Mamori and Stella Grace costumes for Tsubasa and Kiria. Renders of these can be found in the below gallery. More costumes are to be revealed in the future.
- Tsubasa's glasses can be toggled on/off.
- New songs, including "She is..." by Kiria & Tsubasa.
- Support characters like Barry, Maiko, & Tiki can participate in battles through Sessions as you progress farther in the storyline. Maiko is wearing a new outfit in this situation. Renders for these characters can be found in the below gallery.
- A Quick Session toggle to speed up the Session animations and keep the battle pace up.
- Added mini-map.
- Itsuki can be removed from the party on the second playthrough.
- New EX Story and dungeon found in the Bloom Palace. Nintendo tweeted that this Ex Story stars Tsubasa and Kiria.
- The Wii U DLC sets "'Tokyo Millennium Collection”, “Collaboration Costume Set", and "Support Quests" are included on the cart.
Two long trailers were also posted, one for the characters/world and another for the combat system. These trailers are in Japanese, but you can check them out below.
The website also houses many smaller video clips for various components of the battle system. Of these, the most interesting clip is one showing Barry, Maiko and Tiki jumping into a Session. This clip can also be found below.
Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore is set to release for Nintendo Switch on January 17, 2020. You can find the Nintendo Direct announcement information here.