Sci-fi Action RPG Hellpoint releases for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC on April 16
Tinybuild has announced that Hellpoint, a sci-fi action RPG, will release for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC/Mac/Linux on April 16.
Hellpoint is developed by Canadian studio Cradle Games following a successful Kickstarter campaign in 2017. Players find themselves on a derelict space station known as Irid Novo, where they are tasked with determining how a catastrophe known as the Merge took place. The game features co-operative multiplayer throughout the campaign.
ABOUT THIS GAME
Hellpoint is a dark and challenging action RPG set in a heavily atmospheric sci-fi universe where the line between science and occultism is blurred.
Once a pinnacle of human achievement, the Irid Novo space station has fallen. Its ruins are now overrun by cruel interdimensional entities acting as puppets of the malevolent Cosmic Gods.
You have been created by the Author, organically printed on Irid Novo and sent on a mission to find out the unholy series of events that led to the catastrophic incident known as the Merge.
- Irid Novo is a massive interconnected world full of mysteries, hidden passages and secrets within secrets - all for you to explore in any order you like. More dread and shivers awaits you as you travel deeper into the darkest corner of this forsaken colony.
- Dozens of melee and ranged weapons and armor pieces to suit your playstyle. Every weapon has unique special abilities that unlock the more you fight with them.
- A fascinating new sci fi universe reminiscent of classic sci-fi movies, set in the aftermath of a massive quantum cataclysm and complete with a deep lore and goosebump inducing soundtrack.
- The space station orbits in real time around an ominous black hole that triggers various dynamic events such as boss appearances, horde assaults as well as modified enemy stats and positions.
- If you are struggling, ask a friend to press Start to join in a couch coop session, or call for assistance online. The entire game can be completed uninterrupted in coop. The loot is shared, and the experience of local player two is saved and not watered down.