Horror tactical RPG Othercide launches for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC this Summer
Focus Home Interactive has announced that tactical RPG Othercide will launch for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC via Steam this summer. Othercide is a blend of horror genre storytelling, turn-based strategic combat, and a monochromatic color style aesthetic.
Developed by Lightbulb Crew, Othercide will also be present at PAX East at the Focus Home Interactive booth (#29017) for attendees to check out from February 27 to March 1.
Find a PAX East trailer and screenshots below, alongside a game description from the official website.
Othercide is a horror-themed turn-based strategy game where the lore and game mechanics are tightly intertwined to deliver a twisted, dark and challenging experience. Enter a brutal world under assault from terrifying creatures from another dimension, hold back the tide with limited resources and endure brutal conditions in visually stunning world.
- Experience dynamic turn-based combat and a new way to anticipate enemy movements to perform a flawless tactical plan. Using the Dynamic Timeline System and unique set of skills, you will be able to:
- Interrupt an enemy attack
- Plan a delayed action that will be triggered later on in the timeline
- Use reaction skill to respond to any threat
- Prepare to suffer and face close calls in our terrifying and ruthless universe. With roguelite features, deadly missions, limited resources and permanent death, there is no room for errors.
- Level up, unlock new skills and collect memories from the death of your enemies. A limited number of these bonuses can be implemented to your skills to boost their stats. But choose wisely as once implemented, you can’t take them back, unless…
- …you decide to sacrifice your Daughter!
- Make dramatic choices and endure with your Daughters traumatic experiences which will make them stronger or weaker.
- Othercide invites you in a ethereal monochromatic dimension with only dashes of crimson red where your worst nightmares come to life.