Focus Home Interactive has announced that tactical RPG Othercide will launch for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC via Steam this summer. Othercide is a blend of horror genre storytelling, turn-based strategic combat, and a monochromatic color style aesthetic.
Developed by Lightbulb Crew, Othercide will also be present at PAX East at the Focus Home Interactive booth (#29017) for attendees to check out from February 27 to March 1.
Find a PAX East trailer and screenshots below, alongside a game description from the official website.
Othercide is a horror-themed turn-based strategy game where the lore and game mechanics are tightly intertwined to deliver a twisted, dark and challenging experience. Enter a brutal world under assault from terrifying creatures from another dimension, hold back the tide with limited resources and endure brutal conditions in visually stunning world.
- Experience dynamic turn-based combat and a new way to anticipate enemy movements to perform a flawless tactical plan. Using the Dynamic Timeline System and unique set of skills, you will be able to:
- Interrupt an enemy attack
- Plan a delayed action that will be triggered later on in the timeline
- Use reaction skill to respond to any threat
- Prepare to suffer and face close calls in our terrifying and ruthless universe. With roguelite features, deadly missions, limited resources and permanent death, there is no room for errors.
- Level up, unlock new skills and collect memories from the death of your enemies. A limited number of these bonuses can be implemented to your skills to boost their stats. But choose wisely as once implemented, you can’t take them back, unless…
- …you decide to sacrifice your Daughter!
- Make dramatic choices and endure with your Daughters traumatic experiences which will make them stronger or weaker.
- Othercide invites you in a ethereal monochromatic dimension with only dashes of crimson red where your worst nightmares come to life.