Tetracast - Episode 154: Not so Paper Thin
Welcome to the latest edition of the Tetracast, RPG Site's regular, seemingly weekly, podcast!
In this week's episode, Adam has been playing Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition and offers a small preview of what to expect of the re-release of a modern classic. George returns to the podcast with some non-RPG thoughts upon completing DOOM Eternal. After months of devotion, James has finally completed the main scenario quest of Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers and has nothing but praise for the MMORPG. Bryan then gushes about Bug Fables: The Everlasting Sapling, a Paper Mario inspired RPG that stands on its own merits.
On the news front, Nintendo made a surprise announcement for Paper Mario: The Origami King, which hopefully leans a little bit more into the RPG stylings of the earlier games. The crew then discusses and compares the current state of affairs for both Fallout 76 and Anthem. After touching on a few tidbits like the release date for Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town and Nioh 2 DLC, the cast ends talking about Sony's gameplay showcase for Ghost of Tsushima and how RPG elements can be found in many games these days.
This edition of the Tetracast features Bryan Vitale (@zeomassicot), James Galizio (@theswweet), Adam Vitale (@King_Seda), and George Foster (@gepugg). As always, you can find links to the full episode of the podcast below along with our RSS feed, and also subscribe to us on iTunes or Google Play, and follow on Spotify!
- 2:10 - Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition Preview
- 26:31 - Doom Eternal
- 37:20 - Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA Mega Mix
- 42:50 - Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers
- 1:04:29 - Bug Fables: The Everlasting Sapling
- 1:25:08 - Paper Mario: The Origami King announced
- 1:36:59 - Fallout 76 2020 Roadmap
- 1:42:23 - Anthem May 2020 Blog Post
- 1:49:44 - Nioh 2 first DLC The Tengu's Disciple launches on July 30
- 1:52:47 - Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town releases on July 14 in North America
- 1:56:08 - Ghost of Tsushima gameplay reveal impressions and RPG genre discussion
- 2:05:37 - Signoff