Unsung Story: Tale of the Guardians gets a three hour gameplay stream
On June 1, Little Orbit held a livestream to show off gameplay of the first 3 missions for Unsung Story: Tale of the Guardians. In what has been a tumultuous development over the last several years, this stream finally showcases an extensive look at the game in action.
Unsung Story is a tactical RPG that ran a successful Kickstarter campaign in 2014, raising more than $600,000 for the project, and promised some big names such as Yasumi Matsuno (Final Fantasy Tactics) outlining the game's narrative and Hitoshi Sakamoto (Final Fantasy XII) contributing to the musical score. However, subsequent development of the game stalled and original developer Playdek abandoned the project. Little Orbit acquired everything related to Unsung Story in 2017, and promised to bring the game to completion and deliver all the Kickstarter backer bonuses.
Find the stream below, alongside a description and in-development screenshots from the game's official website. Unsung Story: Tale of the Guardians is currently set to release for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC, with no release date given.
Thank you to RPGamer for the heads up!
Unsung Story takes place in a medieval fantasy world where spells are cast as songs, and magic can reshape reality. With the threat of such power, the original shapers created a way to stabilize the world. Since the beginning of time, History has been sung and recorded in magical schools around the world.The game opens at the end of a 77-Year War. We follow a squad of aging heroes as they are given a covert mission: to infiltrate the archive of a nearby school and cast a legendary spell that may turn the tide of the conflict.
Unsung Story is Yasumi Matsuno’s spiritual successor to Final Fantasy Tactics and Vagrant Story with many exciting innovations. In a world where spells are cast as songs, and magic can reshape reality. The original shapers created a way to sing history and store it in the grand Opus to stabilize the land. But now, the 77-Year War has come, and evil has won. Players start at the final battle, and work their way back in time to save the world.
- Epic Storyline: Explore an all new magical world where spells are powered by songs created by master Tactics designer Yasumo Matsuno (Final Fantasy Tactics, Vagrant Story, Tactics Ogre).
- Unique Perspectives: Play through 5 chapters in 50 missions across different parts of history as you travel back in time and adventure with different heroes on each side of the 77-year war.
- Deep Progression: Customize your Unsung heroes from 20 classes and over 240 abilities.
- Innovative Tactics: Outmaneuver your foes with our unique Triangle Grid system that allows for six angles of movement and attack.
- Incredible Soundtrack: Experience an all new musical score by world renown composer Hitoshi Sakimoto (Final Fantasy Tactics, Vagrant Story, Tactics Ogre).