Horrorpunk pixel-art action RPG Morbid: The Seven Acolytes revealed for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, & PC via Steam
Today during the Future Games Show stream, publisher Merge Games and developer Still Running revealed Morbid: The Seven Acolytes, a "horrorpunk action RPG filled with Lovecraftian horrors and Cronenbergian gore." It is set to release on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC via Steam later this year.
Find the reveal trailer, description, and screenshot set below via Merge Games. The official website is here.
Morbid will have players testing their mettle with a wealth of bloodthirsty encounters and rich, absorbing lore. Challenging foes, mini-bosses, and memorable large-scale boss fights with fully orchestrated music are some of the ferocious encounters the player will experience throughout the world of Morbid.
In order to succeed across the hostile world of Mornia, players will have to master the wealth of combat and customization options available to discover as they progress through the game. Players will be challenged to improve their character and gear through quests, perks, runes, looting and upgrades, so they can defeat the Seven Acolytes and free the kingdom!
- Experience epic, brutal boss encounters and explore a diverse array of environments
- Perk levelling system with multiple ways to build your character
- Deep, immersive lore with NPC's to meet throughout the world
- Over 25 Unique Melee Weapons, such as Swords, Axes, Maces, Spears, Two-Handers, as well several guns ranging from Pistols, Shotguns and Rifles
- Epic fully orchestrated soundtrack comprised 18 tracks
- Health, Stamina and Sanity management is important as you traverse the world