Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Quest Guide: All Quests and how to complete them
Xenoblade Chronicles 3 has a lot of optional quests, much like its predecessors. Unlike some previous Xenoblade titles, there thankfully seem to be no quests that can be missed permanently due to story progression, so you are free to explore at your leisure and find quests at your own pace, without worry about anything missable.
Most quests in Xenoblade Chronicles 3 are relatively straightforward. Follow the on-screen markers and more often than not you'll be able to complete a quest without any issue. Some quests may have some choices to make or items to find, and we'll help out as we can in those cases. However, with such a big world sometimes it's hard to know when quests become available. For the most part, you can think of this guide a bit like a checklist, to make sure you've encountered all the quests you can in each chapter of the game - though it also features mini-walkthroughs on how to beat all quests in the game.
A warning: this guide will have some minor spoilers for certain Hero characters, as each Hero has several quests connected to them. Some sidequest names may also have some minor story spoilers. We attempt to keep spoilers to a minimum, but if you want to follow the guide but avoid some minor spoilers, I would advise against reading ahead, particularly in the Post-Game section, where we've placed a larger warning.
Without further ado, the quests found in Xenoblade Chronicles 3 can be found below, separated by chapter. If there are any questions, omissions, or mistakes, let us know in the comments!
- Chapter 1 Quests
- Chapter 2 Quests
- Chapter 3 Quests
- Chapter 4 Quests
- Chapter 5 Quests
- Chapter 6 Quests
- Chapter 7 Quests
- Post-Game Quests
Preparing for Battle
- This is a tutorial quest you'll automatically earn partway after reaching Colony 9. You'll need 3x Chewy Radishes, 3x Clusterelles, and 2x Rich Fish Meat, and the quest markers will point you in the right direction where to find them. They are nearby Colony 9.
Supplies in the Wind
- Talk to Pollux outside Colony 9. Go to the Supply Drop marked on your map. It's near a Landmark - Skyview Falls. You get some Gemstones and Rainbow Gloves.
- Talk to Lenny in the middle of Yzana Plains south of Colony 9. Simply follow the marker for an event, then return to Lenny.
- Talk to Laurea west of Shark Jaw's Cape landmark south of Colony 9.
- Travel south of Shark Jaw's Cape for a quirk skirmish.
The Hillside Hulk
- Gained automatically in Chapter 2 in the southern part of Aetia Region. This is mostly a tutorial quest regarding the various Ferronis 'Hulks' you'll find in the game.
- Head towards the marker to south and take out 5 Crustips. Then gather the Ether Channel.
- Return to the Ferronis, activate the source, open the containers, and follow the sequences.
- Obtained from Shillshill at the Hillside Ferronis Hulk after "The Hillside Hulk".
- Kikinu in Bennel Cave in Fornis Region. They seem to move to Lake Rezzento camp in Fornis later in the game.
- Miimo at Forward Post Camp in Aetia Region (Chapter 3)
- Sherolo at Desert Ferronis Hulk in Fornis Region (Chapter 3)
- Meemoo at Llyn Nyddwr Camp in Ribbi Flats in Fornis Region (Chapter 3)
- Totutu at Selias Terrace Camp in South Ribbi Flats in Fornis Region (Chapter 3)
- Redred at Tableland Ferronis Hulk in west Ribbi Flats in Fornis Region (Chapter 3)
- Zoka at Ruins of Seebu Camp in Urayan Tunnels in Pentelas Region (Chapter 3)
- Papana at Battlescar Ferronis Hulk in North Aetia Region (Chapter 3)
- Aggroro at Cascade Ferronis Hulk in Pentelas Region (Chapter 4)
- Loloka at Old Way Camp in Pentelas Region (Chapter 4)
- Paporo at Engardo Pass Camp at the end of Pentelas Region (Chapter 4)
- Memomemo at Cliffside Ferronis Hulk in Pentelas Region (Chapter 4)
- Bitbit at Hovering Reef 2 Camp in Keves Castle Region (Chapter 4)
- Dumdum at Atoll Ferronis Hulk in Cadensia Region (Chapter 4)
- Hazidazi at Corne Island Camp in Cadensia Region (Chapter 5)
- Tamtam at Sandbar Ferronis Hulk in Cadensia Region (Chapter 5)
- Ruggyscruggy at Prison Camp during events at the end of Chapter 5. He reappears in Castle Agnus afterward.
- See "Lost Stones" quest. I'm uncertain if the choice matters at all; it does not seem to.
- Selfifi at Inlet Camp in north Erythia Sea (Chapter 6)
- Momama at Tsang Camp in Captocorn Park in Upper Aetia Region (Chapter 6)
- Momama does not have a stone to give, but you still must talk to them.
- Talk to Shillshill at the Hillside Ferronis Hulk to finish the quest.
- Talk to Panepane south of Menno Arch landmark in Fornis Region.
- Get used to this type of quest, as you'll see it a few times over. You have to give him some of the items shown on the list provided to quench his thirst. Rarer items will fill the bar more, but you can use anything that you have.
- I already had enough items to fill his bar when I first met him. If you do need additional materials, you can get Dark Grapes from the Fabricator near the Hillside Ferronis Hulk in Aetia.
Riku and Manana
- Automatic when you reach the oasis in Chapter 2. This is a simple quest that will teach you about cooking, gems, and Chain Attacks. Check out our Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Best Gems guide for more information!.
- Automatically obtained in Colony 4. This quest is essentially a tutorial for the game's "Info" system, where you can easvedrop on NPC conversation, and then discuss it at a rest spot. Many quests in the game are obtained this way.
- Simply head to the two markers to get information, then stop at the rest spot to talk about it.
No Want of Courage (Ethel Hero Quest)
- Obtained during "Helping Out". This is a required quest.
- Simply head to Galhour's Menhir landmark and beat the Volffs. Then return to Colony 4.
Melody of Mourning
- Obtain "Unsent Husks" information in Colony 4, then discuss.
- Simply go to the new area located on your map.
Where the Heart Is (Zeon Hero Quest)
- Listen to "Colony 9 Lately" info in Colony 4 after Ethel leaves the party, then discuss.
- Head back to Colony 9. While this quest is somewhat long, simply keep following the quest markers for combat and scenes.
Lean Times in Colony 9
- After "Where the Heart Is", listen to "Colony 9 Shortages" info in Colony 9, then discuss.
- Go to Gura Flava Camp and Torchlight Hill to collect supplies. Return to colony 9 and talk to Camilla.
An Off-Seer's Anquish
- After "Where the Heart Is", listen to "Colony 9's Off-seer" info in Colony 9, then discuss.
- Follow the markers to gain "Url's Whereabouts" from various NPCs, then discuss.
- When you talk with Url north of Kalmarris Highland landmark, you'll be given a choice, the first in the game.
- "People Need Off-Seers" or "Why do you think that?"*
- "You should tap into a different emotion"* or "You want to go back to who you were"
- After testing, it seems like there is no difference in the choice made. It's worth nothing that some later quest choices do have some, if minor effects.
- Return to Carrie to finish the quest.
Going Beyond Power (Teach Hero Quest)
- Head to Colony Gamma in the west part of Melnath's Shoulder in Aetia Region. You can get there by heading north of Gura Flava Camp.
- Talk to 3 marked NPC in Colony Gamma to get the "Colony Gamma Lately" discussion topic, then talk about it at a rest spot.
- Talk to Teach at the HQ, then follow him through a new part of Upper Melnath. Along the way you'll learn your first Traversal Skill - Scree Walking. This lets you navigate up and down flowing sand.
- Keep following the marker for events and battles to finish the quest.
- After "Going Beyond Power", learn "Request from Teach" info in Colony Gamma, then discuss.
- Go to the notice board in the center of the colony. There's a magnifying glass symbol.
- For now, you can gain two info discussions: "Tutors: Sena & Eunie" and "Tutor: Taion". These lead to the quests "Live Combat Training" and "Theoretical Knowledge", respectively.
- In Chapter 4 you can get "Tutor: Off-seer" info from the board for the quest "A Lesson in Off-seeing".
- In Chapter 6 you can get "Tutor: Mio" info from the board for the quest "Extracurricular Lesson".
- After finishing the above 4 quests in Chapter 6, you'll have to complete Teach's Ascension Quest "Shadow of Enmity". After that, you'll finally be able to clear this quest.
[Sub-Quest] Theoretical Knowledge
- This quest is a part of "Teach's Teachers"
- Save before doing this quest. You'll be asked a set of questions in a quiz competition with the cadets. The questions seem to be pulled from a random set. You *can win* the competition - just check the quest end card to be sure.
- Talk to the cadets to start the quiz. You'll have to answer two sets of Taion's questions. [If any of the answers are incorrect or if any questions are missing, let me know!]
- First Set of Questions
- Which one of these is not a benefit of inflicting Daze? - All allies recover HP
- Which of these combo routes is wrong? - ... Beguiling Charms
- What name is given to class-specific techniques? - Talent Arts
- Which Attacks weaken the enemy? - Debuffs
- What happens to some enemies when they're in trouble? - They get enraged.
- Whose Role is it to attact the enemy's attention - Defenders
- What should an Attacker typically do if targeted by the enemy? - Pull Back..
- What is the most important component of a Chain Attack? - The balance of roles...
- Second Set of Questions
- Who led their colony to victory over colonies simultaneously? - Silvercoat Ethel
- Which statement about the Flame Clocks in the Iris is correct? - In Keves it's it the right eye, Agnus, the left
- What's the highest rank in a colony - Consul
- What equipment is exclusive to Kevesi Soldiers - Power Frame
- What does Black Fog cause? - Annihilation event
- What is the name of the desert is the Fornis region? - Dannagh Desert
- What colony rank comes after Copper? - Iron
- Where did Colony Sigma and Colony 9 fight? - Everblight Plain
- What is the name of the jewel that can be mined in the Aetia region? - Delicate Bell
[Sub-Quest] Live Combat Training
- This quest is a part of "Teach's Teachers"
- Much simpler than the previous sub-quest. Just do some fights with Foots' teams.
Her Reasons (Alexandria Hero Quest)
- Head west of Zem's Crossway landmark for a scene with Alexandria, which is south of Colony 4.
- After this, there are four optional objectives you can complete, as described above.
- Fight Team Fili in the NW area of Dannagh Desert. You get a discussion topic - "Information about Fili" (Optional)
- Fight Team Chelle East of Conqueror's Peak - "Information about Chelle" (Optional)
- Fight Team Rhyza south of Selias Terrace Camp - "Information about Rhyza" (Optional)
- Fight with Team Seqouia in the falls area (Beginning of Chapter 4) - "Information about Sequoia" (Optional)
- Now you have to head to Colony Iota on the Western side of Fornis in the Elaice Highway area. You'll fight a pair of boss fights.
- Afterward, you'll unlock Alexandria as a hero, as well as a new ally colony in Colony Iota.
The Kind Right Hand (Valdi Hero Quest)
- This is a story-required Hero Quest obtained automatically at the vines south of Ribbi Flats.
- This is a pretty long quest, but simply keep following the markers for events and battles. On the way you'll ally with Colony 30, and you'll gain the Wall Climbing field skill.
- After "The Kind Right Hand", learn "Colony 9 's Situation" info in Colony 9, then discuss.
- Go to the marker, which is in the climbing area in SE Aetia.
- You'll be asked if you want to "Discuss the Matter" or "Hand it over". It seems "Discuss the Matter" leads to some better affinity chart links, so select that option. It'll lead to a fight. Then return to Colony 9
Charity and Hypocrisy
- I'm not sure if this quest becomes available after Ethel's Hero Quest or Valdi's Hero quest.
- Listen to "Herding Monsters" information in Colony 4, then discuss.
- A simple quest. Go to the spot on the map in the the Barren Knoll in the Eagus Wasteland. Fight some How.
Big Friendly Friend
While "Big Friendly Friend" itself is not a game -long quest, it is the start of a game-long quest chain involving Colony 30. To proceed through this quest-line, you'll have to give items to the Nopon Repapa at several different points throughout the game.
- After doing "The Kind Right Hand", listen to "Yuzet's Reputation" information in Colony 30. Then discuss.
- Talk to Yuzet in Colony 30. You'll have to collect items.
- Talk to Repapa and turn in items to fill the bar to %100.
- After the quest is finished, you'll be able to give more items to Repapa, but you won't have these yet. I'll let you know a good opportunity to turn these in for the next quest.
Wish Upon a Clover
- After doing "The Kind Right Hand", listen to "Widespread Caution" information in Colony 30. Then discuss.
- Talk to Ven in Colony 30.
- Head to Shikashasa Mesa. Find two fortune clovers (they will be marked).
- Return to Ven
- After doing "The Kind Right Hand", listen to "Colony 30's Off-Seer" information in Colony 30. Then discuss.
- Talk to See-Mee-Mee in Colony 30. Then talk to Zooza and Ven. Then talk to Ritz.
- Then head to the marker, which is in the Rae-bel Tableland (a later area in Chapter 3).
Dorin and Bambam
- After doing "The Kind Right Hand", listen to "Colony 4 Nopon" information in Colony 30. Then discuss.
- Talk to Dinzel in Colony 4. Then Talk to Dorin.
- Talk to Bambam at Llyd Nyddwr Camp in the Ribbi Flats. You'll have a quick fight.
- Defeat 3 Arduns for meat. You can find some if you fast travel to the Saffronia Tea landmark in the south part of the Fornis Region.
- Return to the camp for the scenes. Then return to Colony 4.
- Talk to Dinzel outside of town.
The Missing Squad
- After doing "The Kind Right Hand", listen to "Expeditionary Mission" information in Colony 30. Then discuss.
- Note: If you can't find the Info bubbles, complete other Colony 30 quests first, especially "Wish Upon a Clover".
- Go to the marker in Dannagh Desert, north side. There are choices to be made here.
- "The Flame Clock is broken" or "Listen to Valdi"
- "You just have to trust us" or "Check your Iris"
- The choices made seem to have no effect.
- After doing "The Kind Right Hand", listen to "Irritation" information in Colony 4. Then discuss.
- Talk to Solon. Then talk to Mikoko and give supplies to fill her meter. Talk to Brunella and do the same. Then follow Brunella for another scene.
- Then talk to Solon.
- After doing "The Kind Right Hand", listen to "Tacticians Plan" information in Colony 4. Then discuss.
- You may have to complete some other Colony 4 quests first.
- Talk to Maxie in Colony 4. You get another three quests. Finish these three new sub-quests to complete this quest.
- Yorde's Request
- Fla'ran's Request
- Jeremy's Request
[Sub-Quest] Yorde's Request
- This quest is a part of "Tactical Eradication"
- Talk to Yorde. Defeat a Volff marked on the map north of the colony.
[Sub-Quest] Fla'ran's Request
- This quest is a part of "Tactical Eradication"
- Talk to Fla'ran. Fight and Arachno Horde near Raptor Perch in Dannagh Desert.
[Sub-Quest] Jeremy's Request
- This quest is a part of "Tactical Eradication"
- Talk to Jeremy. Then fight Towaris Taos in the valley south of the colony.
The Thrill of the Hunt
- Speak with Burrburr in Sage's Domicile in Dannagh Desert.
- To get here, head through the Milio Trick Caverns near Raptor Perch landmark
- Deliver 15 Nopon Silver Coins. This quest is essentially a tutorial for this Nopon Coin trading capability.
- Talk to Seekseek and redeem one reward. Then talk to Burrburr again.
A Gray Matter (Gray Hero Quest)
- After getting the Wall Climb field skill, climb up the vines near Kamos Guidepost in Aetia Region and head to the ? symbol
- Like other Hero quests, this quest is more lengthy than standard quests, but just keep following the marker and events until you unlock Gray.
Fear of the Unknown
- This quest is obtained at Seilas Terrace Camp near the end of Fornis Region.
- You must have completed "Dorin and Bambam".
- Head the marker just above where you are. It's a glowing supply chest.
- Gather 4 Serenity Jets and return (I believe you can find these around Forerunner's Tower secret landmark). Then fight an easy battle.
A Nopon's Counsel (Riku/Manana Hero Quest)
- This is a story-required Hero quest soon gained after entering the third major region, Pentelas.
- As usual with Hero quests, just keep following the markers for events and battles. It is very straightforward.
- Obtained from a question mark icon in Colony Iota after completion of "Her Reasons".
- As described in the section for "Her Reasons", you may want to hold off on this quest until Chapter 4.
- An easy quest. Talk to Misaka at the Colony Iota barracks. Then return to Chickadee
Enemies and Allies
- Listen to a pair of "Colony Iota Goods" info in Colony Iota, then discuss.
- As described in the section for "Her Reasons", you may want to hold off on this quest until Chapter 4.
- Meet Rhysa near Purus Palecolumn Landmark at the very top of the Elaice Higwhway.
- Head to the end of the Torus Road Cave.
- Send the Collectopaedia Card to Ethel in Colony 4 using the Collectopaedia Card.
- After Her Reasons, leave Colony Iota area and return. You should see a Supply Drop nearby to the east.
- You may need to leave the region and return for the ? symbol to appear.
- There are two choices to be made here
- "He wants to challenge his potential" or "He wants to have fun"
- West or East supply drop
- After testing, it seems the choices here do not make a difference.
The Desert Hulk
- Obtained while exploring the Dannagh Desert in eastern Fornis Region
- Need to defeat several level ~35 enemies. There's another camp here.
The Tableland Hulk
- Obtained while running through the Rae-bel Tableland in southern Fornis Region
- Need to defeat level 23ish enemies.
The Battlescar Hulk
- Obtained while exploring the NW of the Everblight Plain (Level 40-60 area)
- Need to defeat several level 60 enemies. There's another camp here.
- I'm placing this quest in the Chapter 3 section because it can technically be done at this point, although there's not harm in waiting.
A Difficult Transition
- Listen to "Colony 9 Food issues" info in Colony 9, then discuss.
- Speak with Camilla, then the next marker. Meet Fox near Gura Flava Camp in Melnath's Shoulder.
- You'll have a series of choices here. In this case, there actually seems to be a best option to choose, for affinity reasons.
- Select the option "What are you doing here?"
- Select the option "This is a Dangerous Place"
- Select the option "To help Camilla out?"
[Sub-Quest] A Lesson in Offseeing
- Available in Colony Gamma as a part of "Teach's Teachers". Check the board for "Tutor: Off-Seer", then discuss it.
- Head to Cooley Pool, marked on the map. Send the three bodies with a scene each.
- Listen to "Lenny and Eastman's Row" Info in Colony 9, then discuss.
- An easy quest, just follow the markers.
The Ouroboros Experiment
- Listen to "Ouroboros Research" info in Colony Iota, then go to the question mark by the gate. You'll be sent to the desert.
- This info is obtained by speaking to Caspar near the canteen.
- Head towards the marker to fight a boss.
Unwavering Resolve (Isurd Hero Quest)
- Talk to Isurd in Colony Lambda
- As usual with Hero Quests, it is pretty straightforward. Just follow the markers for events and battles.
- If you're having difficulty navigating the cave, using the "Show Quest Route" option (Default ZL+Y)can help make the path a lot more clear.
- Listen to "Colony Lambda's Canteen" info in Colony Lambda, then discuss.
- This quest just has you following markers to talk to NPCs.
The Lost Off-Seer
- Listen to "Missing Off-Seer" info in Colony Lambda, then discuss.
- Head back to the Fornis Region, near the Pentelas Entrance. Talk to Moraine.
- Travel to Zem's Crosswar in the Eagus Wilderness and talk to Shijima.
- Head back to Moraine. Fight some enemies. Talk to Moraine again.
- Listen to "Auto-Lev Situation" info in Colony Lambda, then discuss.
- This quest may require other Colony Lambda quests to be completed first.
- After talking to Kitty, you'll head back into the Urayan Tunnels to an area you couldn't reach before. After a fight, talk to Kitty again.
- After "Restart", head to a nearby ? in Colony Lambda
- Head to Elsayer Cape in the very SE of the Fornis Region. Fight some enemies (level 40ish). That's it.
The Cascade Hulk
- Found while exploring the upper levels of the Great Cotte Falls area. Defeat level 30ish enemies
A More Balanced Recipe
- Automatically at Old Way Camp past the Great Cotte Falls. Requires "Fear of the Unknown".
- Trade in 5 Bubblesia (I already had plenty, but you can get these in the upper Great Cotte Falls area)
- Go to the marked nearby tree for a fight, then head back to the campsite.
Natural Selection (Juniper Hero Quest)
- This is a story-required Hero Quest obtained in the High Maktha Wildwood area of the Pentelas Region.
- As usual, just follow the markers for scenes and battles. This is a shorter Hero quest, and will also reward you with the Rope Sliding field skill.
Tau Tirkin Alliance
- Listen to "Food for Tau" info in Colony Tau, then discuss.
- Talk to Rowland in Colony Tau. You are basically initiating a peace treat with Tirkin that live nearby.
- I went ahead and collected the items you need for the treaty, which is quite a lot.
- 50 Green Nectarines - more common in the Low Maktha Wildwood Area
- 50 Tirkingrass - Tirkin Area
- 50 Shiny Rose - Water in Pentelas Area
- 50 Glare Aubergines - You can get this from the Clifftop Hulk Fabricator
- Once you (finally) get to the Tirkins, you can choose 5 or 500. If you are trying to be nice, don't lie to them, say 5.
- I'll admit I'm not sure what happens if you just beat them up. There's no follow-up quest or anything, though obviously the affinity chart will change a bit. Maybe save and try it out.
- Listen to "Raine's Departure" info in Colony Tau, then discuss.
- Talk to Geum outside Colony Tau.
- Head to Raine a bit deeper into the Wildwood
- Follow the tracks quite a ways, into the lower wildwood. (You'll have to pass a number of cutscenes for the story first if you haven't already).
- Head back to Raine in Colony Tau.
- Listen to "Harvest Time" info in Colony Tau, then discuss.
- This info is given from Geum. If's you've started The Hunter above, Geum will need to be talked to outside of the colony beforehand.
- Head to the garden in Colony Tau. Collect the plants.
- Then head out the Colony nearby to fight some Anloods, Skwarors and Quadwings. Return to Carson in the garden area.
- Listen to "Colony Tau's Off-See" info in Colony Tau, then discuss.
- Head to the marker in the Wildwood. An easy quest.
- This quest is earned and completely automatically in the Maktha Wildwood
- Fight the battle. That's it. For now.
- This is a story-required quest that takes place in the Maktha Wildwood.
- Just follow the markers for some story scenes and fights.
The Wildwood Life
- From Gingin in Lower Maktha Wildwood
- Despite being deep in a high-level area, this is an easy quest. Just follow the tracks a bunch.
- A ? symbol appears near Colony 4, seemingly after meeting Bolearis in Wildwood. Perhaps right after "Imminent Illusion". Other Colony 4 quests are also required.
- Go to Murmur Rise (the climb area in Aetia where you first met Grey). Fight 3 Mystery raiders and then a stronger raider.
- Send the Husks
- Fill out Repapa's second item request list in Colony 30 (I believe he calls it "Phase 3"). You should be at a point you can get these pieces by now.
- Talk to three NPCs to get 3 pieces of "Parts Gone Missing" information, then discuss.
- Head to the three regions in Fornis marked on your map. Then return to Repapa in Colony 30
- Talk to Dinkidinki and Widgewidge, marked on your map. Then talk with Yuzet.
- Found exploring the Urayan Trail area near the end of the Pentelas Region.
- Defeat the enemies as usual (level 48ish)
The Wrath of Ashera (Ashera Hero Quest)
- This is obtained early in Keves Castle Region. Fight the intro battle, then follow Ashera.
- Basically, keep doing a series of battles, fight the Consul, then talk to Ashera once more.
- You'll unlock Colony 11 and a series of quests.
Three Ravens at War
- After "The Wrath of Ashera", listen to "Colony 11's Future" info in Colony 11, then discuss.
- After discussing, go around Colony 11 and get three more infos. This leads to three more quests.
- "Easel's Unit" info for the quest "Rules of the Hunt"
- "Clad's Unit" info for the quest "Indomitable"
- "Zoren's Unit" info for the quest "A Warrior's Pride"
- After completing the sub-quests, there's one last fight with all three at once.
[Sub-Quest] A Warriors' Pride
- This is a part of the quest "Three Ravens at War"
- See a scene near the colony entrance, then head on over to the falls area in front of Colony Lambda.
- After the scene, head to the marker closest to Myma Gate to find Widow.
- Head back to the center of the Cotte Falls area to fight a bunch of Keves units (level 40ish)
- This is a part of the quest "Three Ravens at War"
- Beat the two level 49 Equites in the center of the colony. Then Fight Clad.
[Sub-Quest] Rules of the Hunt
- This is a part of the quest "Three Ravens at War"
- Get 10 Monstrum Mango and 10 Obsidian Berries for Hexen. Then head to the marker in Fornis region.
- Here, follow the trail to a boss. Then return to the canteen.
- After "Three Ravens at War", go to the ? symbol in Colony 11.
- Go back to Engardo Pass near the end of the Pentelas Region. Then follow the tracks leading to a boss fight.
- Talk to Namuki in Colony Gamma in Chapter 5 and discuss her info.
- Talk to Namuki, follow him, then participate in the lengthy battle.
For Colony 9
- Listen to "Kite Gone Missing" info in Colony 9, then discuss.
- Talk to Fox in Colony 9. Then head to the marker east of Hillside Ferronis Hulk. Make sure Zeon is in your party.
- Fight some enemies. That's it
Reasons to Evolve (Zeon Ascension Quest)
- After "For Colony 9". Talk to Kite in Colony 9.
- This is actually one of the more tedious quests in the game.
- You have to keep following the markers, some in Colony Tau, collecting items, and attempting to plant Spongy Spuds. There are multiple parts to the quest, but writing down every individual step would be a little unnecessary.
- At times, you'll need to 'wait for rain'. To speed things up, you can talk to the Nopon Splishsplash marked on the map and pay 10,000 for rain.
- Listen to "Where's Imogen" info in Colony Tau in Chapter 5, then discuss
- Go to Colony 4, grab the 4 "Imogen at Colony 4" infos, then discuss.
- Talk with Imogen south of Colony 4
- Listen to "The Nopon are Here" info in Colony Tau in Chapter 5, then discuss
- Talk to Honorine in Colony Tau. Then bring parts to the Sadadan Bros, which can be gotten from various robo enemies.
- Interact with the smoker and put in a meat item. It s doesn't seem to matter which you pick.
- Talk with Bolearis in Colony 4 in Chapter 5.
- Follow the marker to chat with him again
- Head to the Engardo Pass area for a battle. Then return to Colony 4.
A Burning Curiosity
- Head to the ? in the Colony 4 hangar area after "Rousing Bolearis"
- You have to give Ymeer rare Agnus Levnis items.
- I farmed for these in the Urayan Trail area (Bushwhacker Farrit is a good Unique to farm)
- Listen to "Goods in Storage" info in Colony Iota, then discuss.
- Talk to Chelle in the Torus Hollow
- The choice in this quest does not matter.
- Listen to "Someone's Sheet Music" info in the City, then discuss.
- Talk to people around town to find the music owner. Eventually you'll follow an NPC named Boomer.
The Scavenger Force
- Listen to "Scavenging" info in the City, then discuss.
- Head to the marker in S Cadensia region. Talk to Mizuki, and then S to Kabata.
- Head W to pickup the part. Then return.
- This quest is gained automatically after the War Room meeting in the City.
- You can now head further north in South Cadensia, finally. Talk to Samon.
- Return to City and talk to Timna, marked on the map. Then talk to Miyori near the Material Storage Warehouse landmark.
- There's a Choice here 'Help her' or 'Stay put' but it doesn't seem to matter.
- You'll unlock the Boundary and the vast Erythia Sea area o_o
- SE most section of city after the War Room scene.
- You want to head on top of the Canteen, using a ladder in the back
- Then head back to the SW corner, then head to the residential quarter marked on the map, then to the main square and buy a torpedo wrap
- Make your way to the canteen area
Side Story: Eunie
- Listen to "Fourtune Clovers" info in City, then discuss.
- Head to the marker in the Urayan Trail in the Pentelas region
- Head through the Loska's Cavern. After some events and scenes, fight the boss.
Vandham's Heir (Monica Hero Quest)
- After the War Room scene, listen to "Guernica Vandham" info in City, then discuss.
- Talk to Monica in the War Room
- Collect 3 items near where Guernica showed up in Aetia region
- Return to City for a scene.
The Castle Beckons
- This quest is gained automatically after City events.
- Head to Vinisoh Holm in Erythia Sea. Collect Intel at the Thurbin and Corne Islands.
Romero and Joulietta
- Obtained in City near the North-top level, maybe after some quests, but available you get on the Boundary.
- Head to the NE part of the big island in the Erythia Sea, marked on the map. Fight a battle, then head back to the City canteen.
- Obtained at a ? on the East side of Erythia Sea
- Despite Riku's warnings, donate items, the fight a level 58 boss.
The Atoll Hulk
- Found in Erythia Sea, near the SW side
- Defeat enemies as usual (level 50ish)
- Obtained at the ? symbol on West side of Erythia Sea.
- Like most Hero Quests, just follow the markers for events and battles. You'll recruit Fiona and unlock Colony Mu and its questlines.
- After "Transparent Dreams", listen to "Colony Mu's Future" info in Colony Mu, then discuss.
- Talk to Tallow, and then the other characters marked on the map, then go to the viewing deck.
- After the scene, you need to collect 5x Aromatic Krodlax Meat, 3x To-Quality Moglum Liver, 1x Rich Serprond Collar-Cut. These are quest specific.
To Face Forward
- After "Unease", listen to "Tallow's Reputation" info in Colony Mu, then discuss.
- Go to the canteen for a scene. You have to do various tasks
- Nico - give her the requested items
- Ayase - say "Confide in someone" (though this doesnt seem to matter)
- Lotus - Talk to her at the beach. Then pick up a shoe on the beach east of the colony.
- Pick up a broken pendant somewhat close to Tallow. Then give it to Mikaela near the gate.
- Talk to Tussore who wants you beat up Aligos on the beach.
- Talk to Hildemarie - Choice "Not at all" or "No, it's what makes *her* great." (again, doesn't seem to matter)
- Defeat Gulkins near Kanata east of the Colony
- After all the above, talk to Tallow, then Shu
- After "To Face Forward", get the "What Washed Ashore" info from Lotus in Colony Mu, search the the hidden beach on the north end of the colony, then discuss
- Head to Twinpalm Isle and talk to Niranira
- Then head to the NE sandbar isand. Follow Niranira. He'll end up at the Sandbar Hulk (See next quest)
- Then head back to Colony Mu.
The Sandbar Hulk
- Found on the big Sandbar Island.
- As usual, you'll need to defeat enemies to unlock it (level 60ish).
- Listen to "A 'Novel' Book" info in City, then discuss
- Talk to Wellwell in City and buy the book he sells. Then talk to Leeanne, marked on your map.
- You need to collect items from Distant Fingertip, Dannagh Desert, Ruins of Seebu, Old Cliffside Way, Eternal Canopy.
- Talk to Leeanne again.
- After getting access to the Boundary. Listen to "Gray's Autonomy" info in City, then discuss.
- Go to the marker in the city and talk with Rozana. Follow her.
- Afterwards, you'll have to collect 5 Medica Pippito Claws. Then return to City and speak with Hollis. Then go back to Rozana to finish the quest.
Payback for Treason (Gray Ascension Quest)
- You can get this quest right after "Lovebirds".
- You may need Eunie at Rank 10 with Full Metal Jaguar
- Head to Daedal Isle, and heard for the marker for a fight.
- Head back to Astelle Harbor in City. Then gather 3 "Rozana's Whereabouts" info pieces. Then Head to Great Sword Passage in Cadensia for a fight.
Doing It My Way (Triton Hero Quest)
- Obtained from the ? symbol on Ishan Isle in Erythia Sea
- After this, a new question mark appears to the east at Hargan Point Camp
- After some scenes, there are three challenges
- Ishan Isle - speak with Ronja. Defeat 4 Delit Gyaarks and return to Ronja.
- Go to First Pillar Remnant on Daedal Isle and speak with Lhukavu. AFter the scene, you'll grab the three items on the island at the markers. Have to choose an item
- Pick either the Millenial Tree Amber or Ancient Taos Fossil. The coconut seems to lead to draw instead.
- Go to Cascade Crossroads landmark and speak with Kio. There are two sets of tracks.
- The Left leads to Level 47 Arcaphor Gogol. Right leads to Saoru and then a level 47 Arcaphor Gogol. I'm honestly not sure the difference or if it matters which path you do.
- After this, the quest will end and you'll recruit Triton. Triton has a unique class that interacts in an important way with the Unique Monsters you can defeat.
- Listen to "Bountiful Ether" Info in Colony Lambda and discuss.
- I'm not 100% certain when this quest becomes available.
- Talk to Koji. There's a choice here, but the choices don't matter as they'll reject the options they don't like anyway.
- Talk to the Lambda Traderpon. Then talk to Soka at Ruins of Seebu. Then return to Koji at Colony Lambda.
Korresia Finds Her Calling
- Listen to "Korresia's Return" info in Colony Tau, then discuss.
- This quest seems to be available after Colony Mu is available.
- Talk to Korresia
- This quest is kinda strange. To fulfill her request, I just bought ten Vibrant Armrings at Colony Gamma and gave them to her.
- Obtained Automatically at Anu Shoals Camp. After "A More Balanced Recipe"
- Follow the Tracks for Merignas. Then Defeat them.
- Listen to "Collectopaedia Abuse" info in Colony Iota, then discuss it.
- Not 100% certain when this quest becomes available but it can be done before the prison infiltration.
- Talk to Sequoia. Head to the tunnels in early Pentelas area and save Sif from behind the boulder. Return to Sequoia.
The Mysterious White Fog
- After "The Castle Beckons" head into the ? fog area in East Erythia Sea. Get "White Fog on Erythia Sea" info 1/2.
- The 2nd piece of info can be found in the City on the NE side, up the stairs.
- Talk with Kisame at Vinisog. Then follow the marker in the fog a few times until you fight a battle. Return to Kisame.
The True Culprit
- Listen to "The Real Perpetrator" info in Colony 30, then discuss.
- This may have been available earlier in the game.
- Talk to Pulipuli, then follow the tracks to find him.
- Talk to Yuzet.
Inescapable Past (Alexandria Ascension Quest)
- Head to the ? in Colony Iota when Alex is in the party.
- This quest may also require other Colony Iota and Colony 30 quests to be available.
- You may need Taion at Rank 10 with Incursor
- Go to Colony 30, then follow Valdi until a boss fight.
- Then, you'll have to follow a LONG set of trails.
- Fight another boss. Then return to Colony 30.
Side Story: Lanz
- Listen to info in Great Sword's Base (Cadensia Region, where you entered City for the first time. There's a landmark here for Elevator Landing) for "Curious About Training", then discuss.
- Head to the Training Ground in City for a scene. Then head to the shop marked on the map for another scene. Then head to the War Room for another.
- Head to Morrack Inlet landmark in the Erythia Sea area. After the scene, follow path...for another. Keep going until you arrive at the cradles. Fight some bosses.
A Young Noble's Request
- Put Triton in your party, then head to a ? In City.
- Go to the marker near Cascade Crossroad landmark in Erythia Sea for a fight. Then head to the War Room in the City.
- This quest is a part of the "Nopon Register" questline.
- Obtained from Ruggyscruggy in the Prison Camp
- Once you have access to the Perimeter Woodland in the Prison area, head to the marker.
- You have a choice to take Red, Blue, or Yellow Nopon Pebbles. You can also choose to take all. If you take all, he gives you the blue one. I'm not certain if this choice affects anything.
First Day of Prison
- This is a story-required sidequest during the Prison Camp events at the end of Chapter 5.
- Collect 4x20 collectable items. You can talk to the ? spots on the map for some freebies.
Second Day of Prison
- This is a story-required sidequest during the Prison Camp events at the end of Chapter 5.
- Head to the marker and defeat a level 47 Basreek Feris. Then follow the tracks and fight it again, for real. Just follow the markers for a bit.
Third Day of Prison
- This is a story-required sidequest during the Prison Camp events at the end of Chapter 5.
- Defeat three Kaalm Garaffa.
- Speak with Seeker in Agnus Castle area. Then speak with Darnie at the docks. Then operate the floodgates.
- Then you have to head to Farview Cape and defeat the enemies.
- This gives you access to the city again.
Shock to the System
- Obtained at a ? symbol in the City
- Head to the hospital for a scene.
- You need to collect three items:
- Roccodori Root is a quest-specific collectable obtained at Sandbar Isle
- Egg Seed - I believe these can be obtained in the area east of the Agnus docks
- Heavy Pomegranate - These are somewhat rare. These can be obtained in the area east of the Agnus docks, at the Colony Mu flowerfield, near the Prison Camp, Freight Gate landmark, and the Pioneer's Inlet landmark.
- Return to Hollis
A Farewell Reset (Fiona Ascension Quest)
- Obtained at a ? in Colony Mu when Fiona is in party.
- Like other Ascension Quests, this will require previous quests in the Hero's colony, in this case Colony Mu
- You may need Lanz at Rank 10 with Signifer
- After the scene in the flower field, head to Erythia Relay Base.
- After some fights and a scene, head to the marker on the Sea left of Inlet Camp. After another scene, return to Colony Mu.
Learning from Lambda
- Obtained at a ? in Colony Tau, requires Juniper in party.
- Talk to Selin in High Maktha Wildwood. Then fight some Skwarors.
- Now you have to head to the marker in the lower wildwood (the Level 70ish area). Fight some Ageshus and Quadwings.
- Return to Selin in Colony Tau.
Survivors (Juniper Ascension Quest)
- ? in Colony Tau after "Learning from Lambda", requires Juniper.
- You may need Noah at Rank 10 with Stalker
- Head to the marker in eastern Pentelas region to collect Twineturf. Return to Colony Tau and fight some Rhinons.
- Then you'll fight Consul U
Water of Rhonnar
- Listen to "Strength Giving Water" info in Colony Tau after "Learning from Lambda", then discuss
- Talk to Nootka in Old Cliffside way in Pentelas region. Follow Nootka then talk to them again.
The Hunt of Plenty
- Listen to "Raine" info in Colony tau after "Water of Rhonnar", then discuss.
- Talk to Raine in Colony Tau. Then talk to Nootka
- Go to the marker Lower Maktha Wildwood. Then head to the Tirkin area in Pentelas.
Life in the City
- Listen to "The Colony 15 Folk" info in City, then discuss.
- This may have been available in Chapter 5, unsure.
- Head to the three locations marked on the map. You'll soon be asked to go to the marker on Daedal Isle.
- There's a choice here: "Hand over Torto" or "Protect Torto" - but it doesn't matter which you pick.
- Head back to the marker in the city. Youll son fight some level 50ish enemies.
Side Story: Taion
- Listen to Info in Agnus castle for "The Sea", then discuss at Camp Inlet
- Head to Colony Lambda and get "Isurd's Request" info. Discuss it.
- After some scenes, head to Hermit Inlet in Erythia Sea area. Follow the path in this new area for a boss fight.
- At this point, keep following the markers until you get to Lost Colony. Keep following the markers/scenes until you need parts.
- Collect Fluid Crankers, Monochromagnetitie, Cube Chip (quest only, from Armadillos earlier in the area), and hand over 9 Ether Cylinders. Return to the Ferronis.
- Head back to Farlaine Underpass.
Culinary Repertoire (Riku/Manana Ascension Quest)
- Obtained at a ? in Camp Inlet in Erythia Sea. Requires Manana/Riku in the party.
- You may need Sena at Rank 10 with Yumsmith
- Head to Fifth Pillar Remnant landmark on Daedal Isle. Fight some Crustips.
- You have to prepare a meal. I picked 'Cerise-Caprice Acqua Pazza'
- You'll have to collect Lagoonite, Wyrdstone, Acid Resistant Quarmu Shell (Quest only), and Samon's Thing. Go to Samon in City. Quarmu can be fought in the south part of Erythia Sea
- I found Lagoonite on the landmass with the Cascade Crossroads landmark, and Wyrdstone near Hargan Point Camp
The Future I Want To Spin
- Listen to info in Colony Mu after "A Farewell Reset" for "Changes Afoot in Colony Mu", then discuss
- Talk to Tussore. Then go to the City.
- Buy two books from Wellwell, then return to Tussore. Then give her food.
- You'll be asked to pair Armus. After, go make rain, then return.
- I'm not certain what the pairing choice affects.
Colony Mu's Resolve
- After "The Future I Want to Spin", listen to info for "Lively Colony Mu", then discuss. Requires Fiona.
- Talk to Ayase. Then talk to Nico at the outskirt of town. Then there's a sequence of battles.
Ardun / Armu Breeding
Joulietta and Romero
- Listen to info in City for "Joulieeta's Attitude", then discuss
- You can talk to either Joulietta or Romero. Joulietta is optional, so talk to her first.
- Go to the port. Then you can choose to join the vanguard or rearguard. It seems choosing rearguard leads to a slightly better affinity outcome.
- Listen to info in City for "City Discontent", then discuss
- Talk to Travis in War Room. Then travel to Vinisog Holm in Erythia Sea. Fight a battle, then a scene.
Beyond Mercy and Revenge
- Listen to info in Colony 4 for "Colony 4 Revitalized", then discuss
- Talk to Laszlo in Colony 4. Then Oleshandra, then Bolearis.
- Collect 3 info for "The Poisoner", then discuss
- The true culprit is
- Jeremy, from the tactician squad.
- Talk to Laszlo, then Maxie, then head to the desert. Follow the tracks then fight a boss.
- Listen to Info in Colony Lambda for "Colony Lambda Defenses", then discuss
- Talk to Varen in Colony Lanbda. Then head to Old Way Camp.
- After a scene, head west of Myma Gate.
- Head to the Great Cotte Falls. Then head back to Old Way Camp.
- Talk to Varen at Colony Lambda.
Effervescent Heart (Isurd Ascension Quest)
- Obtained at a ? In Colony Lambda. Isurd required. "New Developments" required.
- You may need Taion at Rank 10 with Tactician
- Collect 3 info in City "Natural Spas", then discuss. Talk to Kotan, marked on the map neat the cafe in City.
- You have to head to the Geothermal Belt area in Cadensia. Fight some enemies.
- This is a part of the "Teach's Teachers" quest you started way back in Chapter 3.
- Check the teaching board in Colony Gamme for "Tutor: Mio", then discuss
- Head to the marker in Colony Gamma. Follow Kyrie.
- There's a choice here: "Hesitate to go that way." or "Go and take a look."
- These choices lead to different affinity chart outcomes, but neither seems to be preferable to the other. One causes Foots to be upset with Kyrie, one with Zakir.
Shadow of Enmity (Teach Ascension Quest)
- ? in Colony Gamma after "Extracurricular Lesson". Teach required for ? to show up.
- You may need Mio at Rank 10 with Thaumaturge
- Head to Everblight Plain. Head to the three containers and then fight a group at each. Then after some scenes, you'll fight another boss.
A Burning Curiosity, Part 2
- Head to the ? in Colony 4 Hangar
- Head to the marker on the Lavi Sandbar. Fight a boss, then head back to Colony 4.
The Three Fiends
- Listen to "Castle Prisoners" info in Castle Agnus, then discuss.
- You have two options to clear this quest. One is to simply fight the trio, and the other option is to complete the three subquests, which involve finding info on each prisoner.
- You get more rewards for completing the three subquests instead of fighting.
- Three Fiends: Tohma - collect "Tohma's Situation" info x3, then talk to Soona.
- Three Fiends: Xera - collect "Xera's Situation" info x3, then talk to Soona.
- Three Fiends: Jhodor - collect "Jhodor's Situation" info x3, then talk to Soona.
Seeker's True Intent
- Listen to "Seeker's Rumors" info in Castle Agnus, then discuss.
- Collect "Seeker's Identity" info in the Agnus port region of Cadensia, then discuss. Then talk to Seeker in Agnus Castle area.
- Talk to Darnie at the port, give her items, then return to Seeker.
- Listen to "Alexandria's Birthday" rumors in Colony Iota, then discuss.
- Talk to the 3 characters in Colony Iota, plus Chelle in the Hidden Stash area of Torus Hollow, to get "Chickadee's Location" info. Discuss.
- Head to the marker near Purus Palecolumn and defeat the Feris.
I'm a Mechanic (Valdi Ascension Quest)
- Fill out Repapa's "Phase 4" and "Phase 5" item collection requests ("The True Culprit" required). Put Valdi in your party and talk to Yuzet.
- You may need Lanz at Rank 10 with War Medic
- Talk to Isurd in Colony 30. Go to the marker in the Great Cotte Falls to defeat the enemies. Then talk to Isurd again. Then Yuzet in Colony 30. Then Solon in Colony 4.
- Go to the marker in the desert area. Fight some enemies, then return to Colony 30.
There's No Ether!!!
- Fill out Repapa's "Phase 6" item collection ("I'm a Mechanic" required).
- Hear "Ether Shortage" info in Colony 30. Discuss, then talk to the three Nopon.
- You'll have to send out the Nopon to various Colonies It really doesn't matter which you pick, as you can always send them out for more cylinders if needed. The amounts you receive are below.
- Colony Tau(150), Colony 9*(250), or Colony Gamma(100)
- Colony Lambda*(1000), or Colony 11(200)
- The City(400), Colony Iota*(450), or Colony Mu(150)
- Colony 4(100) or Agnus Castle*(1000)
- Apparently if yu do this quest a bit later in the game, you'll also be able to send Repapa to Fort O’Virbus for 1100 cylinders
Dorrick is Online
- After "There's No Ether!!!", fill out Repapa's 'Phase 7' and 'Phase 8' lists.
- Meet with Repapa in the wasteland west of Colony 30. Get the info "Buddy Blaster Blunder". Discuss.
- Talk to Salazar in Colony Iota, Varen in Colony Lambda, then Samon in City.
- Talk to Shinon. Head to Dorrick in the wasteland again and once again hand over items.
- You will need hand over EVEN MORE items after this.
Side Story: Mio
- This is a required Side Story needed to complete the main quest. It is gained automatically when you enter Captocorn Peak/Pass.
- As usual, follow the markers for scenes, events, and battles.
A Twist of Fate (Cammuravi Hero Quest)
- Return to Colony Omega after "Side Story: Mio"
- After the scene, talk to the Armory Pilot to go to City.
- After the scene, head to the Module Warehouse. Follow the tracks.
- After the scene, head to the main street. Then the war room after the scene.
The Illusion Returns
- Obtained at a ? spot S of Colony Omega after "Side Story: Mio"
- Fight the Mysterious Raiders. Leads to the next quest "Inhumanity"
- This quest likely requires "Severed Connection"
- According to RPG Site comment Night Stalker, the quest "Writer's Block" is also needed.
Inhumanity (Segiri Hero Quest)
- Obtained Immediately after "The Illusion Returns".
- Head to the Doctor in City, then the aide in a nearby apartment. After the scene, get info "No.7". Discuss.
- Head to Colony Lambda to get a key item, then head back to the city's canteen to cook Onigiri.
- Return to No.7. After a few scenes, talk to Segiri to head to Colony 0.
- Head back to where this quest began to get the Ferron. You'll gain the Hazard Neutralization field skill skill. Head through the nearby Nocclia Mire.
- In Colony 0, see a few more scenes. Fight a battle.
In Search of a Home
- After Inhumanity, discuss "Colony 0's Future"
- Speak with Ghondor at Agnus Castle. Head to Perimeter Outlet at the very north of Cadensia for a scene. Then warp to Vent Entrance.
- Beat up the Warden.
- After 'In Search of a Home' in the prison, get info "Life in Li Garte Prison", then discuss.
- Talk to No. 6. Head to Vista of Rhonnar landmark in Pentelas region. Use the map to find Wheelideeli.
- Head to the marker in the lower wildwood. Defeat the level 55 Staahl Gogol. Return to Wheelideeli.
- Head back to the prison. You can then refurbish. You should have plenty of money by this point.
Prison Spring Clean
- After refurbishing the prison, listen to "Prison Problems" x2 -then discuss.
- One of these info bubbles is easier to find if you set the time to 15:00.
- Head to the central cell in the prison. Then fight the three battles in the nearby perimeter area. Then head back to the central cell.
- After "Prison Spring Clean", examine the Ferron with a magnifying glass icon. Twice. You'll get "Mystery Ferron" info x2. Then discuss.
- Speak with No. 15.
- You have to defeat 2 Mhamamia Antols, 3 Gerran Amoneys, and 4 Eclipse Marrins. Return to the prison.
The Big Unseen Monster
- Obtained at a ? at Ladras Camp in Captocorn Peak. Requires "Missing Luggage".
- Go to the marker. Then get 2x Ories Shanks from the nearby Ories enemies. Stop by the Ladras campsite then return to the marker.
- Fight a battle. This leads to next quest "So Much More to See"
So Much More to See
- Immediately after "The Big Unseen Monster"
- Go to Colony 4. Then head to the hovering isles in Keves Castle region, to the marker.
- Fight the Level 58 Invaiss Vollgull. Return to Colony 4.
- Listen to "Moraine and Shijima" info in Colony Lambda, then discuss.
- This guide originally listed this quest in Chapter 7, but according to a note by commenter gda19, this quest is available in Chapter 6.
- An easy quest. Follow the markers.
My Memories (Triton Ascension Quest)
- Put Triton in the party, and cook Manana's Battle Soup with Manana at any campsite.
- I'm not certain if there are other requirements for this. Likely other quests involving Colony 15 characters in City.
- You may need Lanz at Rank 10 with Soulhacker
- Get the info "Manana's Cooking", then discuss.
- Head the spots near Colony Gamma, near Colony Lambda, and at the hovering reefs.
Happiness (Miyabi Ascension Quest)
- ? in City Canteen with Miyabi in the party.
- You may need Mio at rank 10 with Troubadour
- I'm not sure other requirements for this
- Talk to the markers to get "Cooking Contest" info.
- A choice is given between Manana or Miyabi, but you have to do both anyway.
- Miyabi will have you get common items and talk to Boxy
- Manana will have you get rarer items.
Cammuravi and Ethel Ascension Quest
- This is not a named quest, but take Cammuravi to Colony Omega Lab to unlock his and Ethel's class ascension. Taion needs to be Rank 10 with his class.
The Ultimate Vessel
- This quest is gained automatically in Chapter 7 in City.
- Get the Origin metal from Cloudkeep.
- Head to Welkin Falls and Everblight plain to pick up two more Origin Metal.
- Then two more in the Lower Wildwood and western Fornis Region.
- The last part of this quest will require you to complete "Side Story: Noah".
Side Story: Sena
- Listen to "Ghondor's Grumbling" info in City, then discuss.
- Head to Material Storage Warehouse in Swordmarch, and fight the designated enemies
- Follow the markers for a bunch of scenes and a fight.
Colony 15 Soldiers Missing
- Listen to info in City "The Colony 15 Folk", then discuss.
- There is another set of info also called "The Colony 15 Folk" that lead to an earlier quest "Life in the City." I guess they are just reusing the Info name.
- Head to the canteen in the city with Triton in the party.
- Head to Sentridge Harbor. Then head to Pioneer's Inlet landmark in Cadensia. Head through the trick cave to find the treasure.
- Head back to the harbor.
The Kids' Aspiration
- This quest appears in SW city after discussing "City Children" info.
- Go to the four markers on the map. Then return to the SW.
- Obtained at a ? in Colony Gamma. Gain Ysorra's Request info, then discuss.
- Talk to characters at the markers in Colony 4, then return to Colony Gamma.
A Chance Encounter
- Listen to "News of Eilis" info in Colony 9, then discuss.
- This quest may have been available in Chapter 6
- Head to the Prison Camp Gate. Head to the markers then return. Easy.
Crusader for Spuds
- Listen to "Spongy Spud Eval" in Colony 9, then discuss.
- This quest may have been available in Chapter 6
- You have to choose Choose Colony 4 or Colony Mu. The quest is only minimally different depending on what you choose, and functional outcome of the quest is the same either way.
- Colony Mu leads to "Colony Mu's Food Plight" info, and then "Tau's Potatos" info.
- Colony 4 leads to "Colony 4's Food Plight" info, and then "Tau's Potatos" info.
- Colony Mu - Pon Fried Croquettes - Enemy Gold Boost 40% for 1800g
- Colony 4 - Ta-da-to Surprise - Enemy Gold Boost 40% for 1800g
- Listen to "New Gate" info in Colony Mu, then discuss.
- Talk to Mikaela in Colony Mu. After the scene, follow Triton for a while. Then go to the two markers on the map. Then return to Colony Mu.
- Then, head to the Sandbar for another marker. Then return to Colony Mu again.
Side Story: Noah
- This quest is obtained automatically during "The Ultimate Vessel".
- Head to the Keves Castle Area. Like other side story and acension quests, just follow the markers for scenes and a few boss fights.
The New Inspector
- ? In Keves Castle after Side Story: Noah.
- Talk to Kite in Colony 9. Then talk to Ulrich. Then head to Colony Gamma.
- Then head to Agnus Castle.
- Listen to "Curious Picture" info in Keves Castle, then discuss.
- Talk to Stefaan at the marker. Then talk to Wellwell in City. Return to Stefaan.
- Put Fiona in the party and talk to Stefaan again.
Leaders in Training
- Listen to "Leaders-in-Training" info in Keves Castle, then discuss.
- Head to the marker in the training yard, then you have to defeat Designated Ropls.
The Castle Guard
- Listen to info "Captain of the Guard" in Keves Castle after "Leaders in Training", discuss it.
- Talk to Sigrun. Then talk to Heath. Then some fights to clear the quest.
A Dark Cloud
- Listen to "Rumblings in the Mine" info after "The Castle Guard" in Keves Castle, then discuss.
- Head to the marker in the reefs areas. Talk to Gustav.
- Get "Ether Mine Check" info at the markers. Return to Gustav.
The True Inspector
- After "A Dark Cloud", listen to "Rumblings at the Fort" info in Keves Castle, then discuss.
- Some players (including the writer of this guide!) have a hard time finding the 2nd info bubble to activate this quest. The 2nd info can be heard near entrance to the thin alleyway in the west-center of the fort. It seems there might be a level requirement or a story progression requirement in order to make the quest appear - possibly around level 70 as that's the Recommended Level of the quest. So if you cannot find the info immediately, move on and simply check back later.
- It seems some quests from the Agnus Castle region are also required for the 2nd info bubble to appear.
- Head to the marker. After the fight, head to Agnus Castle for a scene, then the Agnus Harbor in Cadensia. Then some more fights.
- After "Side Story: Noah". Run to the ? in the Prison, get "Sena and No. 9" info. Then Discuss.
- Head to the marker. Then the next. Then head to where Colony 0 used to be in Upper Aetia.
- Talk to Giddygiddy in Keves Castle area. Collect 3 Harmony Ebony and return. Then talk to No. 9 in the prison.
- Listen to "Colony 0 Duties" info in Prison after "Contrary Emotions", then discuss.
- Talk to No. 8. Follow and then talk to him again. Then head to No. 10 in City.
- Follow No. 10 for a while. Head to the Markers in Cadensia Region and lower Wildwood.
- Return to Leeanne in the City. Then return to No. 8 in the prison.
Invisible Bond (Segiri Ascension Quest)
- After "Acknowledging Feelings", put Segiri in your party and head to the Prison.
- You may need Sena at Rank 10 with Machine Assassin
- Talk to No. 6. Then head to the marker in Colony Lambda. Follow the marker for a few scenes. Then head to Colony 4.
- Head to the marker in the Dannagh Desert. Then follow the trail. Keep following for a scene.
- Fight a battle, then a few more scenes and you are done.
- Obtained at a ? in prison after "Invisible Bond", get "The Name "Segiri"" info, then discuss.
- Head to the 3 points marked on the map. Then the two more to get 5/5 info for "A Need for Names". Then discuss.
Promise to the Future (Monica Ascension Quest)
- Obtained at a ? in south City with Monica in the party.
- This may require Side Story: Sena, among other City-based quests
- You may need Eunie at Rank 10 with Lost Vanguard
- Stop by the City canteen. Then head to the marker. Then head to the marker on Corne Island.
- After a fight and some scenes, you're done.
The Key to a New Home
- Listen to "Homecoming Rite" information in City, discuss
- This may require "Promise to the Future"
- Go to the Markers to get info "Homecoming Preparations". Then discuss. Then talk to Travis.
- Head to the marker in Cadensia to collect 20x Sophora's Leaf. Then return to Travis.
- Talk to Kryto in the main street. Collect 5 Perfume Herbs, 5 Thinskins, 5 Whisper Tomato. Then talk to Travis again. Then head to the Memorial Hall.
- Head to Michiba Canteen to finish. Get "Homecomer's Key".
- This leads to a Thank You Card key item in the Dorms, which seems to be just for flavor and no functional use.
Uniting the Seven Nopon
- After "The Ultimate Vessel", head to the ? in Sentridge Harbor.
- You have to find the Nopon with hammers on their back. They are:
- Tempapa on the north side of Daedal Isle (north of Fifth Pillar Remnant landmark; I assume you have to have completed Riku and Manana's Ascension quest "Culinary Repertoire". It's the island with the big kaiju-like monsters.)
- Gingin in his treehouse in Lower Wildwood
- Burrburr in Sage's Domicile (the Nopon Coin Trade Place)
- Panepane at Hillside Ferronis Hulk
- Fixifixi in Li Garte Prison Camp. You need to have done the Segiri Hero Quest and moved the Colony 0 residents into this area. You need Valdi in your party in order to speak with him.
- Then head to Colony 9.
Knowing Your Family (Ghondor Ascension Quest)
- Go to Agnus Castle after "Side Story: Noah". Place Ghondor in your party.
- You may need Sena at Rank 10 with Martial Artist
- This may be available earlier in Chapter 7
- Head to the marker in Fornis Region. Then head to the next marker west to a battle.
- Follow the Tirkin Tracks. Then grab the Springroots at the markers, as well as Juicy Broccoli and Zapcaps. Then head to the marker for a fight.
- Zapcaps can be found north of Tirkin HQ, Juicy Broccoli in climb areas in Rae-bel Tableland.
A Deep-Seated Scar (Ashera Ascension Quest)
- After "Side Story: Noah", put Ashera in your party and head to a ? symbol on Old Kana Battlefied in Fornis Region.
- You may need Eunie at Rank 10 with Lone Exile
- Head to the area where you first met Ashera. Fight through until you get to Colony 11. Follow the markers for a few scenes.
- Head to the marker, which is a new island. After a scene, you'll be in a fight, and then another scene.
Festival of War
- ? in Colony 11 after "A Deep-Seated Scar"
- After the initial scene, put Teach in your party and return to Colony 11. You'll then do a series of battles.
- After "Festival of War", ? in Colony 11.
- May have needed to do "The Castle Guard" first
- Talk to Zoren in Colony 11. Then talk to Sigrun in Fort O'Virbus. Twice.
- Go to the markers in Keves Castle for a variety of fights and scenes. One of the objectives will have you going back to the Keves Fort area temporarily.
- Return to Sigrun.
Why So Busy?
- Listen to "Peak Business" info in Castle Agnus, then discuss.
- Not sure other requirements, I did this after "The Ultimate Vessel"
- Talk to Seeker at Castle Agnus. Go to the three markers in the Agnus area of Cadensia.
- Kaye has you collect items to the west. Then defeat some Gulkins.
- Grover has you head east for a fight.
- Darnie tells you to give 10 ether cylinders to Dana.
- Return to Seeker. Leads to quest "Missing in Action"
Missing in Action
- Automatically after "Why So Busy?"
- Go to Corne Island Camp and fight a battle.
- Note - this questline doesn't get resolved until the post-game.
- Listen to "Collectopaedia 2.0" info in Colony Iota, then discuss
- This may require Alex and Valdi Ascension quests
- Talk to Sequoia. Then head to Colony Tau. Complete Zooza's Collect card (Scarlet Lychee), then head to the Tau Canteen.
The Final Cog
- Listen to "Dorrick Complete" info in Colony 30 after "Dorrick is Online", then discuss.
- Head to the Marker for a fight.
Past and Present
- After "Duty", listen to "Situation in Colony Lambda" info, then discuss.
- Go to the Marker in Colony Lambda, then head to the marker in the wildwood. Follow the tracks, then head to the lower wildwood. Then one fight.
- After the Armu breeding event, listen to "The New Mu" info in Colony Mu, then discuss. Then head to Colony Mu with Fiona in your party.
- Head to the markers on the ocean.
Once the story is over, a handful of quests unlock. Below here will be spoilers for those final quests - and if you want to just read about what happens at the end-game, check our New Game Plus and Post Game Content guide. Otherwise, keep scrolling...
Nia and Melia Hero Quest
- This is not a named quest but you can now recruit Nia and Melia as your final two Heroes.
- Find Melia at Keves Castle 1F
- Find Nia at Cloudkeep.
- This is not a named quest, but once recruited, Nia has 4 events around the world, each leading to a scene and a bit of info.
- Founder Shrine in City
- Agnus Castle
- Saffronia Tree at Fornis Region
- Tower Camp in Pentelas Region
Grasping My Future (Nia Ascension Quest)
- After witnessing the 4 Nia scenes, discuss with Nia.
- When you first get the ability to discuss this at a campsite, Nia and the party may just decide to "just think it over", and not proceed with the Ascension quest. According to a tip by @Yumedayou, Mio needs to be at Rank 10 in Nia's Lifesage class in order for the quest to proceed from here.
- Head to Cavity for a scene.
The Path I Forge
- Listen to "Tension in the City" info in Agnus Castle, then discuss.
- Talk to Seeker in Agnus Castle. Then head to the marker in the Cadensia region (where you can shuttle to City).
- Follow Seeker in City. After a scene, pick up the ring and return it to Coralie. After a little more walking, you're done.
- Head to the ? in City near the canteen with Triton in your party.
- Head to the marker in the high wildwood. Then head to the low wildwood and head to the mag glass on the east side. Head back to Michiba's.
- After the scene, head to the Remembrance Stones.
From Atop Her Throne (Melia Ascension Quest)
- After Grasping My Future, head to the Keves Throne Room with Melia.
- The requirement for this quest may simply be to get Noah at Rank 10 with Melia's Royal Summoner Class (thanks @Yumedayou !)
- You also seem to have to have recruited all other heroes.
- You have to complete three subquests:
- Colony 9's Backup - head to the marker in Colony 9. Then head to the marker in the region to the South, then return.
- Friction With Agnus - head to the marker in Castle Agnus. Then head to the marker in the Keves Castle area.
- The City Pep Talk - Head to the War Room in City. Then follow the markers. The choice does not seem to matter. Then head back to Keves Castle 4F
- As a final aside, with Melia in your party, you can now access the room past the Keves Castle 4F throne room.