JRPG-inspired Edge of Eternity launches for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Steam in Spring 2021
Publisher Dear Villagers and developer Midgar Studio have announced that JRPG-inspired Edge of Eternity will launch in Spring 2021 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC via Steam. The PlayStation 4 version will have a physical retail release in the United States.
After a successful Kickstarter campaign in 2015, Edge of Eternity originally released for Steam Early Access in December 2018, and it has continually added new chapters and content over the last many months. The game recently entered into beta as the developers take feedback from players taking part in the game's Early Access period.
Find a beta trailer, description, and screenshot set below via Dear Villagers.
The world of Heryon is torn apart. Years ago, the arrival of a mysterious alien force ultimately plunged the planet into an endless cataclysmic war where both magic and technology were unleashed to their worst and darkest extremes.
Now an even greater threat has emerged : in a despicable act of war, the invaders released the Corrosion, a fatal disease turning living forms of all kinds into misshapen abominations.
In these desperate times, a young soldier will have to face his destiny and embark on an epic journey that will change the fate of Heryon forever…
- An enthralling story filled with plot twists and heart-wrenching moments
- A gorgeous fantasy world to explore
- Epic battles with a unique and strategic turn-based combat system
- Charismatic and unforgettable characters
- Stunning soundtrack featuring Yasunori Mitsuda (Chrono Trigger & Xenoblade Chronicles)
- An advanced crafting system
- A fearless yet adorable beast to befriend