Disgaea 6: Defiance of Destiny screenshots detail characters, Super Reincarnation, and Karma
Nippon Ichi Software has posted new screenshots and details for Disgaea 6: Defiance of Destiny. Alongside reintroducing elements that are common the the Disgaea series, NIS details the new character cast as well as some of the new components found in Disgaea 6.
- Zed (voiced by Kahoru Sasajima): A zombie boy who has the power of Super Reincarnation to travel to other worlds and continue fighting against the God of Destruction. He used to be a gentle zombie, but his repeated defeats from the GoD deteriorated his heart and turned his personality violent.
- Beeco (voiced by Riko Kohara): Zed's little sister who is innocent and pure-hearted. A zombie girl who supports Zed's heart and dreams of becoming a doctor in the future.
- Cerberus (voiced by Koji Kawakami): A zombie dog who supports Zed with his genius brain. He seems to have researched various things in his previous life. He's the one who taught the taboo Super Reincarnation magic to Zed, and they together travel to other worlds.
- God of Destruction: The terrifying God of Destruction continues to destroy many worlds. His strength is so powerful that no one can beat him. At this rate, every single world might end up being destroyed by him.
- Overlord Ivarl (voiced by Kazuma Horie): Self-proclaimed the strongest and greatest Devil King in the universe. He does actually have mighty strength, but he has a very foolish personality, so he has almost no dignity.
When Zed gets beaten by the God of Destruction, he reincarnates in another world. His level will be reset to 1, but he'll gradually keep his strengths. By repeating this, he'll actually have a whole different level of strength even when reset to the same Lv1.
You can accumulate Karma every time Super Reincarnation is performed. Karma can be used to strengthen stats, or even enhance abilities that can't be raised normally, like movement stat or amount of counterattacks.
New screenshots and art can be found in the below gallery.
Disgaea 6: Defiance of Destiny is set to release for PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch in Japan on January 28, 2021. A western release is set to launch in Summer 2021 exclusively for Nintendo Switch. For more information, you can find the announcement details or tidbits from NIS President Sohei Niikawa in an interview with Famitsu.