Tetracast - Episode 192: Feast, Final Fantasy, and Famine
Welcome to the latest edition of the Tetracast, RPG Site's regular, seemingly weekly podcast!
Special guest Alex Seedhouse and Josh open up with a long discussion about Bravely Default II, talking at length about the game's systems, including some unwanted difficulty spikes. George and Bryan talk about their initial impressions about Persona 5 Strikers, which is landing better than most Warriors-style games for both. James ventures out a bit to give some surprisingly good impressions on the new Outriders demo while Bryan wraps ups his thoughts on Project Triangle Strategy's demo.
In a packed news week, the whole cast discusses the major announcement of Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade, and dive especially deep into Final Fantasy VII: Ever Crisis, and what it might mean for more Final Fantasy VII games going forward. The unexpected but seemingly welcome battle royale spinoff Final Fantasy VII: The First Soldier also looks surprisingly fun for what it is, and the topic is closed out with a discussion about Nomura's involvement with Remake's next installment.
On the Pokemon front, the cast goes over the expected official announcement of new Diamond and Pearl version remakes coming later this year with Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl. James and Alex go over their hype and anticipation for Pokemon Legends: Arceus, which is an exciting prospect even if the game's initial showing was a bit rough.
In the back part of the podcast, the whole crew attempts to rapid-fire through other major news of the week, including a struggling development of Bloodlines 2, the halting of 'Anthem Next', and honestly a whole lot more.
This edition of the Tetracast features Bryan Vitale (@zeomassicot), James Galizio (@theswweet), Josh Torres (@HD_Kirin), George Foster (@gepugg) and special guest Alex Seedhouse (@seedy87). As always, you can find links to the full episode of the podcast below along with our RSS feed, and also subscribe to us on iTunes or Google Podcasts, and follow on Spotify!
- 0:00 - Intro
- 2::15 - Bravely Default II
- 33:35 - Persona 5 Strikers
- 51:38 - Guilty Gear -Strive- and Steven Universe: Unleash the Light
- 58:10 - Outriders Demo
- 1:04:25 - Control PC Version
- 1:08:50 - Project Triangle Strategy Demo
- 1:19:25 - Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade is coming to PlayStation 5 on June 10
- 1:28:56 - Final Fantasy VII Ever Crisis coming to mobile in 2022
- 1:37:13 - Final Fantasy VII: The First Soldier is a mobile-based battle royale game coming this year
- 1:45:10 - Pokemon Brilliant Diamond & Pokemon Shining Pearl launching for Nintendo Switch in 2021
- 1:59:25 - Pokemon Legends: Arceus launches for Nintendo Switch in early 2022
- 2:18:25 - New Pokemon Snap gets new footage, details, and screenshots
- 2:21:41 - Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 delayed out of 2021, no longer developed by Hardsuit Labs
- 2:25:34 - BioWare has stopped development on 'Anthem Next', Next Dragon Age game to be single-player
- 2:34:03 - NieR: Automata surpassed 5.5 million shipments, Octopath Traveler sales exceed 2.5 million
- 2:35:29 - Various release updates: Void Terrarium++ to release on PS5, The Caligula Effect 2 heading westward in Fall 2021, Monster Hunter Rise coming to PC 2022
- 2:40:51 - Sony downsizing Japan Studio & reorganizing it on April 1st; re-centered around Team Asobi
- 2:53:46 - System Shock remake coming this summer. Another Eden: The Cat Beyond Time & Space coming to PC. Localization of Gnosia coming to Switch eShop
- 3:02:57 - E3 2021 to again be a digital showcase
- 3:13:07 - Signoff