Rune Factory 5 gets 2nd Trailer, Livestream Details & Rune Factory 4 Special Save Data Bonus
Marvelous held a livestream for Rune Factory 5, detailing a few more tidbits ahead of the game's Japanese release on May 20. A new trailer has also been posted, which you can find below.
Here's a quick summary of game details showcased during the live stream:
- Protagonist has Seed Circle that can be thrown at a monster to temporarily stop its movements. Some items can only be obtained with this method.
- Charging the Seed Circle energy before throwing it will allow you to temporarily Connect (make the monster as an ally). The feature to make a permanent monster ally by building a monster pen still exists.
- A high-difficulty dungeon similar to Rune Factory 4's Sharence Maze will exist in Rune Factory 5 too.
- The configuration settings will have detailed camera options (such as to turn tracking on/off or adjust tracking speed)
- You can still date 6 romance candidates at the same time
- Rune Factory 4 characters Doug & Margaret are unlocked by having RF4 Special save data on your Switch. They do not return as romance candidates, but they can still accompany your journey. They also have special requests, which if fulfilled will unlock costumes of RF4 protag (Lest/Frey).
Rune Factory 4 content in Rune Factory 5
Rune Factory 5 for Nintendo Switch will be released first in Japan on May 20, with the Western localization set to follow later in 2021. In case you missed it, you can check out:
- Beatrice and Lyka introduction
- Seed point system; Lucas, Murakamo, Fuqua, Ludmilla introduction
- Lucy and Cecile introduction
- Main characters; Martin, Reinhard, Priscilla, Scarlett introduction