Square Enix details additions made to SaGa Frontier Remastered
Square Enix has shared new screenshots and information for SaGa Frontier Remastered, detailing some of the new additions and tweaks made to the re-release.
While we already knew that the remastered version is adding a new route for eighth character Fuse and other additions have previously been hinted at, we get a more detailed look at changes made.
Our translation of the additions can be found below. SaGa Frontier Remastered is set to release digitally for PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, PC (Steam), and mobile devices on April 15.
New Story Events
- Added events that were originally planned but not included in the old release, most notably in Asellus' route. Select "Activate Additional Content" when starting a new game to access them.
New Game Plus
- New Game+: Starts a new playthrough by carrying over items, credits, parameters, techniques, etc from a save data for improved replayability. Some scenario items will be excluded.
- Optional feature to show map pointers on accessing other areas (can be turned off at Config).
Faster Battle Speed
- Config option to increase Map or Battle speeds by 2x or 3x.
Escaping from Battles
- Activating Additional Content will allow you to escape from battles. Escaping won't add to the battle amount tally. [Editor's Note: Battle Tally is an important function in SaGa titles.]
- New Scenario Chart shows the current objective and how far you've gone through the story
- Added Library mode to let you listen to game BGMs or view the gallery & staff credits
- Auto-Equipment button lets the game set the best gears on its own. You can also determine the weapon type to be selected
- The original game would not let you sell or discard items except for a few ones. This remaster will finally let you actually discard items