JRPG-inspired Edge of Eternity launches for PC on June 8; PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One in Q4 2021
Publisher Dear Villagers and developer Midgard Studio have announced the JRPG-inspired Edge of Eternity will exit Steam Early Access and launch on June 8 for PC (Steam, GOG, Epic). The game will launch for PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S, and Xbox One in Q4 2021. It will also be available on Xbox Game Pass.
After a successful Kickstarter campaign in 2015, Edge of Eternity originally released for Steam Early Access in December 2018. The 1.0 update will add about 20 hours to the Early Access version and bring the game's story to a close. The Early Access version is also currently on a 33% off discount until April 13.
A release date announcement trailer, updated game description, and screenshot set can be found below via Dear Villagers.
About Edge Of Eternity:
- An enthralling JRPG adventure where your choices matter: Discover a grand tale of hope and sacrifice, filled with plot twists and heart-wrenching moments. Solve quests in multiple ways, make your own choices and face their consequences.
- A gorgeous world to discover: Journey through Heryon’s unique and ethereal environments, and unearth its most ancient secrets.
- A stunning soundtrack from the composer of Chrono Trigger & Xenoblade Chronicles: Heryon is brought to life by a sublime soundtrack from industry legend and composer of Chrono Trigger & Xenoblade Chronicles, Yasunori Mitsuda.
- A Deep & Strategic Combat System: Outwit your enemies in epic turn-based tactical combat: use the environment to lure them into devious traps, outsmart and outflank them to inflict massive damage. Craft your gear and inset it with powerful crystals to unlock unique combinations of skills and power-ups.
- A Cast of Charismatic Characters: Meet a cast of larger-than-life companions, each with their own unique personalities and attributes. Discover their dreams, flaws, hopes and torments as you experience and share many special moments together.