Children of Morta - Family Trials mode now available for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC
Publisher 11 Bit Studios and developer Dead Mage have released a Family Trials update for pixel-art roguelike Children of Morta, the game's largest update since its launch in 2019.
A launch trailer, description, and screenshot set can be found below.
Zyklus, a unique and abnormal dungeon located somewhere in the world of Rea, is a central part of the Family Trials mode. Zyklus is affected by world-consuming Corruption. Its rapidly changing rules and environments mean that upon entering the dungeon you may never be fully prepared for the mortal dangers that lay ahead.
Family Trials is separated from the story-focused main game mode. It offers new systems, items, character build possibilities, and more - all set in a series of completely randomized dungeons. It also brings a new challenge to the game - most of your progress is lost when you die - so you better learn from your mistakes!
Family Trials Mode
- Objectives - Complete main objectives and optional side-objectives to advance to the next floor. Objectives vary from protecting the Rea Laborers from waves of enemies to fighting in the arena to surviving the flood of corrupted adversaries, and more!
- Additional difficulty levels - Unlock two additional difficulty levels: Hard and Insane. The higher difficulty, the more levels you have to beat!
- Character builds - Experiment with your character builds and learn from your mistakes to best your consecutive dungeon runs.
- Each level is a new adventure - Levels are completely randomized each time you enter the dungeons.
- It’s the whole family - All Bergson family members and their active abilities are available from the very beginning.
New systems, items and features
- The Skill Tree is replaced with a new Talent System - Each time a character levels up, they get to choose a new Talent.
- Runes no longer drop in the dungeons - They become a part of the Talent System instead.
- Divine Relics and Divine Graces have two additional power tiers - You can upgrade them in the special shop or find them in dungeons.
- Item upgrades vary from simple stat boosts to additional special traits unlocked for each item.
- 40 talents per character - Stack upgrades and modifications for your skills and passives to dominate your enemies.
- In-game deeds with special rewards to help you survive Family Trials. Complete them to start your run with bonus HP, instant level up, extra gemstones, or even free items.
- Gem shards work as the main currency in Family Trials mode - Use them in the new shop to gamble for rewards, upgrade your equipment, and buy new shinies.