Freedom Games announces Dark Deity, a Fire Emblem-like strategy game coming to PC [Update: Out Now]
Freedom Games has announced Dark Deity, a strategy RPG drawing inspiration from the GBA Fire Emblem titles set to release for PC (Steam).
Developed by Sword & Axe, the E3 trailer for Dark Deity teases an extended trailer tomorrow that will reveal the game's release date.
Update (June 15): Freedom Games has released an extended trailer for the game, which is now available for purchase on Steam. The game is priced at $24.99 with a launch discount price of $19.99. We've replaced the trailer below with the extended upload.
The trailer, a description, and a screenshot set can be found below. The official website is here.
Command legendary heroes to reshape a land fractured by broken oaths, reckless wars, and secret arcane powers. The technological and cultural achievements of a once-great civilization now lie locked inside the ruins of ancient temples throughout the world of Terrazael. Long after society’s mighty history is snuffed out by a powerful and mysterious “Calamity”, the people of Etlan teeter on the brink of total war.
In a desperate attempt to bolster his recruit ranks, King Varic of the Kingdom of Delia expedites the graduation of all students at the Brookstead Military Academy, severing a pact that has stood for a thousand years. With the course of their future undemocratically derailed, these four “graduates” of the Brookstead Academy set out to leave their mark on this world.
This is their story.
- Strategize through 28 chapters of iconic turn-based combat scenarios and objectives that will put your tactics to the test while your units earn hard-fought experience and recover from the scars of grave wounds.
- Choose between 54 distinct character classes, each with their own skills and capabilities, ensuring every playthrough is a unique one. Face a wide variety of enemies as you guide your units’ destiny toward their ultimate forms.
- Travel with 30 memorable playable characters with varied backgrounds, personalities, and motivations, as they set out to change Terrazael forever.
- Forge friendships as units bond together in the heat of battle. Character’s relationships evolve in over 400 different conversations that show a glimpse of life beyond the battlefield with real and tangible gameplay implications.
- Equip your team with a diverse array of hundreds of upgradable weapons and spells to gain an advantage at the edge of battle.
- Discover droves of divine and ancient artifacts scattered across the world that will transform the abilities and destinies of those who wield them.