Tales of Arise has surpassed 1 million shipments and digital sales; Berseria at 2 million, Vesperia at 2.88 million
Bandai Namco has announced that Tales of Arise has surpassed 1 million shipments and digital sales, becoming the fastest-selling entry in the history of the series. Additionally, the publisher has announced that the 'Tales of' series as a whole has surpassed 25 million units. Bandai Namco cites localizing the game into 11 text languages and its simultaneous worldwide release as key factors for its success.
As a point of comparison, Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition took about two years to reach 1 million units after its release in January 2019.
The official Japanese Twitter account for the Tales series has also provided a few more sales updates for the franchise.
- Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition has sold 1.5 million units, with all Tales of Vesperia sales combined reaching 2.88 million. This might place it as the best-selling game in the series now, for the time being.
- Tales of Berseria has reached 2 million units sold.
When we look at recently revealed sales rankings for the series as a whole, the top three selling Tales of entries (as of March 2021) were:
- Tales of Symphonia – 2.4 Million
- Tales of Vesperia – 2.37 Million [now at 2.88 million thanks to today's update]
- Tales of Destiny – 1.72 Million
It's looking likely that come the holiday season are continuing sales, Tales of Arise should fare quite well against its predecessors. If you're still on the fence, check out our review of this latest entry.