Actraiser Renaissance now available on Nintendo Switch, PS4, Steam, and Mobile
In Nintendo's September 2021 Direct live stream, Square Enix surprised us with a shadow drop of Actraiser Renaissance. For those less familiar, this is a remake of a SNES game from the now-defunct Quintet.
Actraiser was a rather experimental game when it came out, combining 2D side-scrolling action with 3D top-down town building and defense segments. It remains a beloved cult classic to this day and is now available in HD on most modern platforms.
Square Enix has outlined a list of what people can expect from the remake in their official press release:
Actraiser Renaissance combines 2D action and platforming with city-building simulation. Help humanity prosper by playing as the Lord of Light and their loyal angel in a world beset by evil. Utilize your miraculous powers to summon lightning and trigger earthquakes to remove obstacles that impede the growth of your civilization. Explore the vast new realm, build, and protect your settlements with the angel’s mighty bow and arrow to ward off the evil monsters that prey on your people.
- Beautifully remastered HD graphics including the characters, map, monsters and battle backgrounds and effects
- Newly designed city-building simulation segments, including a new region and developmental stages for cities
- Players can harness new magic, including the ability to cast fire, ice, and other magical elements, in 2D action stages
- Players can dodge, attack and slash with upward and downward motions, for a more dynamic action experience
- New real-time strategy “Settlement Siege” feature
- Remastered original soundtrack with 15 new music tracks
- Ability to toggle between the original soundtrack and newly remastered soundtrack from the original composer, Yuzo Koshiro
- New auto-save and difficulty settings feature
Actraiser Renaissance is available digitally right now on Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, PC (Via Steam), and mobile devices.