Dragon Quest X Offline screenshots detail setting, characters, and combat
Square Enix has posted new screenshots and information for Dragon Quest X Offline, detailing the game's setting, characters, and combat.
Some of these details re-state components from the original Online version of Dragon Quest X, and some details re-state information previously shared at Tokyo Game Show 2021. The information can be found below, and a bunch of screenshots can be found in the gallery.
Dragon Quest X Offline is set to release for PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, and PC (Steam) in Japan on February 26, 2022. A large DLC expansion based on Version 2 of the MMORPG - Sleeping Hero and Guiding Alliance - is planned to launch later in 2022. An English localization has not been announced.
Like the original Online version, DQX Offline will take place in the world of Astoltia, which has 5 continents: Ogreed, Wena Islands, Eltona, Dwachakka, and Pukuland. Each continent is respectively the origin of Ogres, Wetlings, Elves, Dwarves, and Poppets. At the start of the game, you can customize the protagonist and also their sibling, who are reincarnated after an untimely death. When the protagonist reincarnates, you can choose to be one of the 5 possible races.
Battle and Classes
Dragon Quest X Offline's battle system will be structured as turn-based commands, just like other mainline Dragon Quest games. An automatic-strategy mode is back, where the battle party acts autonomously based on tactical settings set by the player. There is also a feature to activate it for just 1 turn.
- The protagonist can choose one of the 6 basic jobs:
- Warrior - High HP, attack & defense. Can equip One-handed Sword, Two-handed Sword, Axe, and Shield
- Priest - Can use supportive, healing, and revival magic. Equips Spear, Stick, Staff, or Shield
- Mage - Can use offensive magic with various elements. Equips Two-handed Wand, Dagger, Whip, or Shield
- Martial Artist - High power and speed. Can equip Claws, Club, and, Fans
- Thief - Can learn techniques to gather items and also launch powerful attack. Equips Dagger, Whip, or Claws
- Minstrel - Can use all kinds of magic from supportive to offensive. Equips Fans, Club, Dagger, and Shield
Characters can also promote to more advanced jobs with more powerful magic and techniques.
The player can have 3 other active members in the battle party other than the protagonist. Five additional party members have been revealed.
- Maille (VA: Aya Endo): An ogre martial artist who is set to be the chief of her village.
- Fuura (VA: Haruka Shiraishi): A Elvish lord's daughter from a wind town in Eltona.
- Fuser (VA: Nobunaga Shimazaki): An orphaned Wetling boy who is skilled with a sword.
- Laguas (VA: Tomoyo Kurosawa): A Prince from Pukuland.
- Duston (VA: Kentaro Ito): A Dwarf who collects trash for fun.