Final Fantasy VI Pixel Remaster dated for February 23
Square Enix has officially announced that Final Fantasy VI Pixel Remaster will launch on February 23 for mobile devices and Steam.
This isn't just another wild goose chase, it's time to move out.— FINAL FANTASY (@FinalFantasy) February 9, 2022
The Final Fantasy VI pixel remaster launches on Steam and Mobile on February 23rd PST/GMT. In the meantime, enjoy the rearrangement of Terra's Theme in all its majesty.
Pre-order: https://t.co/MOlhSpxdED pic.twitter.com/Z4N9TD0bNE
A pre-purchase bonuse is described with the following:
Those who pre-purchase FINAL FANTASY VI on Steam will receive early purchase bonuses, including four wallpapers, five music tracks, and a 20% discount. The wallpapers, timelapse special tracks, which transition from the iconic original versions to the new arrangements, and an instrumental music track are available through early purchase or via the bundle on Steam. The music tracks include:
- The Decisive Battle (Timelapse Remix)
- Terra’s Theme (Timelapse Remix)
- Searching for Friends (Timelapse Remix)
- Locke’s Theme (Timelapse Remix)
- Aria di Mezzo Carattere (Instrumental)
PC version screenshots have been added to the gallery below.
An updated listing on the iOS App Store reveals that the Pixel Remaster version of Final Fantasy VI is set to release on
February 24, priced at $17.99. Just like previous Pixel Remaster entries, the game is set to release on Google Play, App Store, and Steam. The listing was first spotted by TouchArcade and verified by RPG Site. Square Enix has not yet formally announced the February 24 release date.
Final Fantasy VI is the last entry in the Pixel Remaster series, which began with releases of Final Fantasy, Final Fantasy II, and Final Fantasy III in July 2021. At this time, there is no announced console version of the Final Fantasy PIxel Remaster series.
A store page description can be found below, alongside some new mobile version screenshots in the gallery.
The original FINAL FANTASY VI comes to life with completely new graphics and audio as a 2D pixel remaster!
A remodeled 2D take on the sixth game in the world-renowned FINAL FANTASY series! Enjoy the timeless story told through charming retro graphics. All the magic of the original, with improved ease of play.
The War of the Magi caused magic to disappear from the world. A thousand years later, humanity relies on machines - until they find a young woman with mysterious powers. The magicite system allows players to customize which abilities, magic spells, and summons the party members learn. All the playable characters have their own stories, goals, and destinies. Journey through their interwoven fates in this sweeping melodrama.
Revisit the critically acclaimed FFVI!
- Universally updated 2D pixel graphics, including the iconic FINAL FANTASY character pixel designs created by Kazuko Shibuya, the original artist and current collaborator.
- Beautifully rearranged soundtrack in a faithful FINAL FANTASY style, overseen by original composer Nobuo Uematsu.
- Improved gameplay, including touch controls, modernized UI, auto-battle options, and more!
- Dive into the world of the game with supplemental extras like the bestiary, illustration gallery, and music player.