Tetracast - Episode 256: We've Been Waiting For This
Welcome to the latest edition of the Tetracast, RPG Site's regular, seemingly weekly podcast!
Although this is a news-heavy episode of the Tetracast, we open up how we usually do with the games we've been playing. Chao is checking out a beta version for 1993 action RPG Illusion of Gaia as we discuss the Soul Blazer trilogy. Josh has been playing Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge, a well-received beat-em-up that harkens back to the popular TMNT arcade games.
In what might be the busiest week of the year for video game news, we have a lot to chat about in this long episode, including the reveal of Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, a Crisis Core remaster, modern Persona ports, Starfield gameplay, Dragon's Dogma 2, and a whole lot more.
This edition of the Tetracast features Bryan Vitale (@ZeoMassicot), Josh Torres (@HD_Kirin), Adam Vitale (@King_Seda), James Galizio (@Theswweet), and Chao Min wu. You can find links to the full episode of the podcast below along with our RSS feed, and also subscribe to us on iTunes or Google Podcasts, and follow on Spotify!
- 0:00 - Intro
- 2:21 - Illusion of Gaia (Beta)
- 22:33 - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge and Steam demos
- 41:21 - RPG Site features: Romancing SaGa: Minstrel Song, KH on PC Re:Fixed mod, RPGS on Steam Deck
- 57:46 - Final Fantasy VII Rebirth announced, second part of Final Fantasy VII Remake trilogy (spoiler warning for Final Fantasy VII Remake)
- 1:10:28 - Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII Reunion is a new HD Remaster for PlayStation, Xbox, Switch, and PC
- 1:15:32 - Final Fantasy VII Ever Crisis launches in closed beta later this year, Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade now on Steam
- 1:28:25 - Tactics Ogre: Reborn appears on PlayStation Network
- 1:34:03 - Octopath Traveler: Champions of the Continent journeys to North America and Europe on July 27
- 1:36:40 - Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak welcomes Espinas and Josh explains why that’s neat
- 1:43:30 - Dragon's Dogma II unveiled at the 10 Years of Dragon's Dogma Digital Event
- 1:48:47 - Starfield shows first extended gameplay at Xbox & Bethesda Games Showcase
- 1:55:44 - Todd Howard confirms Fallout 5 is coming after The Elder Scrolls 6, Fallout 76 - Expeditions: The Pitt launches in September
- 1:57:26 - Obsidian Entertainment announces narrative adventure game Pentiment
- 2:00:48 - Atlus announces Persona 3 Portable, Persona 4 Golden, and Persona 5 Royal for Xbox, PlayStation and PC
- 2:14:30 - Koei Tecmo and Team Ninja reveal Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty, coming early 2023
- 2:18:57 - Diablo IV releases on PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and PC in 2023
- 2:22:20 - Fairytale Action RPG Ravenlok wanders into 2023 for Xbox and PC
- 2:24:04 - Flintlock: The Siege of Dawn unveils its first look at gameplay, delayed to 2023
- 2:28:07 - Horror tactical RPG Demonschool revealed
- 2:30:37- System Shock remake gets a new trailer
- 2:31:52 - Dark Fantasy Roguelite Action RPG The Unliving unleashes undead armies in Steam Early Access starting on October 31
- 2:33:29 - NIS America brings Labyrinth of Galleria: The Moon Society to the west in early 2023
- 2:39:50 - Digimon Survive shows new english footage in Release Date Trailer
- 2:41:49 - Sword and Fairy: Together Forever arrives on August 4 for PlayStation
- 2:42:22 - Signoff