Romancing SaGa: Minstrel Song Remastered will launch on December 1
It's fair to say today's Nintendo Direct was a busy one for RPG aficionados the world over. With so much to cover, there was only room for a fairly quick new glance at Romancing SaGa: Minstrel Song Remastered, but at least now we know when it arrives: December 1.
The game will be available on a bevy of systems, including Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, PC (Steam), and mobile (iOS and Android).
Romancing SaGa: Minstrel Song Remastered owes its roots to 1992's Japan-only Romancing SaGa, which was followed by a full-fledged remake for Japanese and North American audiences in 2005. This latest edition picks up where the remake left off, with new features including mini-maps to help guide our path and a high-speed mode to zip through gameplay elements that may feel slow-going by modern standards.
Arguably a bigger deal than any quality-of-life improvement, Romancing SaGa: Minstrel Song Remastered will also include additional playable characters, revamped (and presumably optional) versions of certain boss battles, a New Game+ mode, and even new job classes, as detailed below.
The sorceress Aldora can now be recruited!
- The sorceress Aldora, who once traveled together with the legendary hero Mirsa, appears in her original form. Experience new events where she recounts the journeys of Mirsa first hand.
Unique and interesting characters now made playable!
- Fan-favourite Schiele finally joins your adventures and characters such as Marina, Monica and Flammar can now also be recruited.
- Several bosses now appear as super powerful enhanced versions! Take on these terrifying adversaries to a new arrangement of the battle music score!
- Various new features have been added to make your play experience even more convenient, such as a high speed mode, mini maps, and a “New Game +” option that lets you carry over your progress when you play through the game again.
And even more...
- New classes to expand the breadth of gameplay.