New trailer and screenshots for Octopath Traveler II details Throné the Thief, Temenos the Cleric, secondary jobs, and support skills
Square Enix has revealed a new trailer, details, and screenshots for Octopath Traveler II, detailing Throné the thief, Temenos the cleric, secondary jobs, and support skills.
Find the new trailer, details, and screenshots below, via Square Enix. Octopath Traveler II launches on February 24, 2023, for PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, and PC (Steam).
Characters - Throné Anguis
JP Voice: Rie Tanaka
EN Voice: Erica Mendez
Your name is Throné Anguis, and you are a thief. Your tale begins in a thrilling city in the Brightlands. You are a member of the Blacksnakes, a thieves guild that controls the city from the shadows. Your job is to steal...and clean. "Not again... Not this stench. Every time I breathe it in, it feels as though my very lungs are rotting... The stench of blood.“ Determined to escape the cycle of bloodshed, you embark on a journey for the keys to your freedom...
Characters in Throné's Tale
- Father (JP: Kenyu Horiuchi; EN: DC Douglas): One of the leaders of the Blacksnakes, and a first-rate assassin who oversees the guild’s jobs. He taught Throné the art of assassination when she was young.
- Mother (JP: Tomie Kataoka; EN: Meli Grant): The other leader of the Blacksnakes who values order and discipline above all. She manages the guild’s members and mercilessly punishes those who fail her.
- Pirro (JP: Takamasa Mogi; EN: Sean Chiplock): A member of the Blacksnakes. Though somewhat resigned to his life in the guild, he also dreams of rising through the ranks and earning his freedom
- Scaracci (JP: Ryohei Arai; EN: Eliah Mountjoy): A member of the Blacksnakes. He puts on a bold front, but secretly fears being punished by the guild.
Throné’s Adventure Begins in The Brightlands
Eastern Solistia is an urban region home to the continent‘s largest city. Blessed by warm sunshine and a pleasant climate, it soon became known as the Brightlands. Agricultural abundance caused the region to flourish, and people flocked here in droves. Wealth soon followed, and development soon after. Before long, buildings like theaters and game parlors were erected to entertain the evergrowing crowds, and now the light of civilization shines as bright here as the sun does overhead. At the center of all of this lies the Brightlands’ beating heart: New Delsta. In the east of these lands can be found Clockbank, an industrial center that has prospered ever since the Age of Discovery.
Throné's Path Actions
- Steal (Day): Steal townspeople’s belongings (with a given probability). Fail, and your reputation will suffer. You won’t be able to use Path Actions if your reputation suffers. Raise Throné’s level to increase her chances of success.
- Ambush (Night): Knock people unconscious. You must be the appropriate level to succeed. If Throné’s level is high enough, she can knock someone unconscious. This will allow you to move forward when someone is blocking your path.
Throné's Talent - Blessing of Darkness
Throné can augment all allies at the start of battle at night. Blessing of Darkness automatically triggers at the start of battles at night. This raises the physical attack, elemental attack, and speed of all allies, allowing your party to immediately go on the offensive.
Throné's Latent Power - Leave No Trace
When her latent power gauge is full, Throné can act twice in a single turn.
- Throné’s latent power allows her to act twice in a row, giving her an extra edge in battle.
- The choice is yours on how best to use the two actions. You can go on the offensive, heal, and more
Characters - Temenos Mistral
JP Voice: Akira Ishida
EN Voice: Jordan Dash Cruz
Your name is Temenos Mistral, and you are a cleric. Your tale begins in the mountainous region of the Crestlands. Though easygoing in your duties as Inquisitor, that all changes the day a tragic incident takes place in the church. "Oh dear... I suppose it can't be helped. After all, doubt is what I do.“ Sensing that there is much more to the incident than meets the eye, you set out to solve the mystery left in its wake...
Characters in Temenos’s Tale
- Pontiff Jörg (JP: Fumitake Ishiguro; EN: Jay Preston): The most prominent member of the Order of the Sacred Flame, respected by all the townspeople. He trusts Temenos and has appointed him Inquisitor.
- Crick (JP: Junya Enoki; EN: Stephen Fu): A newly anointed Sanctum Knight. He meets Temenos after being tasked with guarding the cathedral, and together they investigate the strange incident within.
Temenos’s Adventure Begins in The Crestlands
Northeast Solistia, a land of mountains and hills. Perched high atop one stony peak rises Aelfric Cathedral, the center of the Sacred Flame faith. Adherents of this religion's tenets have worshipped the Sacred Flame that the cathedral houses since time immemorial. Even through the bitterly cold winter a century previous, the flame continued to warm the hearts and souls of all who visited. In both name and spirit, the Sacred Flame and its church are the divine lords of this land. At the base of the cathedral lies the small town of Flamechurch. Though its population is small, the townsfolk make a good living providing for the crowds of pilgrims who travel here to visit the cathedral.
Temenos's Path Actions
- Guide (Day): Lead a townsperson around. You must be the appropriate level to succeed. If Temenos’s level is high enough, he can Guide someone and even summon them to aid him in battle.
- Coerce (Night): Force information out of someone by breaking them in battle. Lower your foe’s Shield Points to 0 to break them and obtain the information you seek. You won’t need to defeat your target, so focus on exploiting their weak points.
Temenos's Talent - Moonlight Judgement
Temenos can enfeeble all foes at the start of battle at night. Moonlight Judgment automatically triggers at the start of battles at night. This blinds foes, which lowers their accuracy and safeguards your party from oncoming attacks. It also decreases foes’ physical and elemental defense, giving you the upper hand.
Temenos's Latent Power - Judgment
When his latent power gauge is full, Temenos can lower foes’ Shield Points with any attack.
- On the turn Judgment is activated, all of Temenos’s attacks will lower enemy Shield Points.
- Combine this with boosted attacks or multiple-hit skills and he can break an enemy in a single turn.
Crossed Paths - Throné and Temenos
This installment includes Crossed Paths, which are stories involving two travelers.
Throné and Temenos return to Flamechurch. Throné recalls a rumor she heard of a treasure inside the cathedral and asks Temenos if he would like to do a little investigating.
- Each traveler sets out with a primary job, which they can combine with a secondary job in battle as their journey progresses. Changing your secondary job also changes the weapons and skills at your disposal.
- The more weapons you can use, the easier it will be to break an opponent. This will also drastically increase your power on the battlefield. The choice is yours as to whether you develop your travelers’ strengths, compensate for their weaknesses, or something else entirely.
Obtaining Secondary Jobs
You can obtain licenses at various guilds throughout the world for basic jobs like Warrior and Dancer. Fulfill the guilds’ requests and you can obtain up to three licenses, allowing multiple travelers to use the same secondary job.
- Some guilds operate openly in towns, while others are hidden away. Search every corner of the world to find them all.
- Special jobs require a unique item known as “proof” to be used in battle. Only a single traveler can use one of these powerful jobs at a time, so choose wisely.
Learn job skills to unlock support skills. Each traveler can equip up to four of these valuable skills that trigger automatically.
- The support skills you can learn differ by secondary job. Learn all the job skills you can to unlock them all.
- Combine different jobs’ support skills, like Summon Strength and Eagle Eye, to further strengthen your travelers.
- Some support skills can be used outside of battle, like Evasive Maneuvers and Vigorous Victor.