Monster fusion RPG Cassette Beasts launches on April 26 for PC, later this Spring for Nintendo Switch and Xbox
Raw Fury and Bytten Studio have announced that Cassette Beasts will launch on April 26 for PC (Steam, PC Game Pass). The monster-raising RPG will launch on Nintendo Switch, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and Xbox Game Pass later this Spring.
Cassette Beasts was originally announced in October 2021, showcasing its pixel art style and 80s/90s aesthetic and soundtrack. Several trailers have been released previously, including the Starter Trailer, Fusion Trailer, and Cosy Trailer.
A new release date trailer, details, and screenshots can be found below. The official website is here.
Raw Fury has announced that indie developer Bytten Studio’s Cassette Beasts, the creature-collecting-and-fusing, turn-based battling, open-world RPG, will debut on PC via Steam, the Microsoft Store and PC Game Pass on April 26, 2023. It will arrive later this spring on Nintendo Switch, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One and Xbox Game Pass.
Cassette Beasts puts a unique spin on monster-collector RPG adventures. On the remote island of New Wirral, people can use cassette tapes to transform into strange creatures and battle. You’ll need to explore the island and record a menagerie of mighty monsters to your trusty cassette tapes to gain their abilities and find a way home!
Discover over 100 awesome monsters to collect and transform into during turn-based battles. You can even combine two creatures together to make powerful new forms with shared elemental types, stats, and move sets using Cassette Beasts’ Fusion System! Some of your opponents have this ability, too, so you’ll need to get creative to win.
Side B Features:
- Transform into Monsters…with Cassette Tapes?! Faced with the constant threat of monster attack, the residents of Harbourtown can fight fire with fire. Record a variety of special creatures, then play them back in battle to take on their forms!
- Fuse Monsters Together: Merge with your companions’ monsters to transform into unique, fully animated fusions combining the strengths of both forms! There are thousands of creature-fusion combos to experiment with and discover.
- Explore a Rich Open World: Some monster abilities can be used in human form, which you'll need to get around, solve puzzles, and more. Glide, fly, swim, climb, dash or turn magnetic in a colorful land brought to life with beautifully crafted monsters, ‘80s vibes and a synthy soundtrack!
- Master a Deep Battle System: Use elemental chemistry to apply advantageous buffs or debuffs with your attacks, or even alter your opponent’s elemental type.
- Travel with a Diverse Cast of Companions: Never fight alone! Forge bonds with your partners and help them complete personal goals to become a better team. The strength of your relationship determines how well you’re able to fuse!
- Play Couch Co-op with Friends: Team up in local multiplayer for up to two players. Explore the open world, transform and battle together as a duo!