Nintendo Q4FY2023 Results: Fire Emblem Engage sells 1.61 million units
Nintendo has released its quarterly financials [PDF] through Q4 of the 2023 fiscal year (April 2022 through May 2023), and we have gotten some sales number updates on some big Nintendo RPGs.
As usual, there's always quite a bit to sift through if you want information on all of Nintendo's catalog, but here at RPG Site, we'll focus on the RPG (or related) sales data.
The hot new RPG release in the quarter is Fire Emblem Engage, reaching 1.61 million units shipped worldwide (sold to retailers) as of March 31, 2023. For some context, Fire Emblem Three Houses reached 2.29 million units in its first quarter of sale in 2019 (with 1.7 million of that sold through to consumers at the time [PDF]). Fire Emblem: Three Houses currently sits at 3.82 million LTD (via CESA White Book records) and is the best-selling game in the franchise.
For more Fire Emblem comparisons:
- The combined sales of Fire Emblem: Fates reached 1.84 million units by March 2016, and currently sits at a combined 3.05 million units (via CESA).
- Fire Emblem Awakening sold 1.79 million worldwide by December 2014 (it released in all regions by 2013) and currently sits at 2.35 million units (via CESA).
All CESA records are valid as of December 31, 2021 and shared via Perfectly Nintendo.
Other notable RPG sales updates in Nintendo's financials include:
- Pokemon Scarlet and Pokemon Violet have sold 22.10 million units since launch [up from 20.61 in Q3]
- Xenoblade Chronicles 3 has reached 1.86 million units sold since launch. [up from 1.81 million in Q3]
- Pokemon Legends: Arceus has sold 2.19 million units since April 2022, putting it at 14.83 million units lifetime. [up from 14.63 million in Q3]
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild has sold 3.24 million units since April 2022, putting it at 29.81 million units lifetime. [up from 29.00 million in Q3]
- Ring Fit Adventure has sold 1.29 million units since April 2022, putting it at 15.38 million units lifetime. [up from 15.22 million in Q3]