Eastward: Octopia DLC launches on January 31 for Nintendo Switch and PC
During the The Game Awards’ Wholesome Snack Showcase, Chucklefish and Pixpil announced that Eastward: Octopia will launch on January 31 for Nintendo Switch and PC (Steam), priced at $5.99/£4.99/€5.89.
Originally announced in the September 2023 Nintendo Direct, Octopia is set in a parallel world separate from the one in Eastward when Sam and John take on the lifestyle of farming and townbuilding. Players do not need to have completed the main game to play Octopia, but you'll need need a copy of the base game to access the DLC.
A release date trailer, description, and screenshot set can be found below, via Chucklefish.
Pixpil and Chucklefish today announced the release date for Eastward’s highly anticipated DLC expansion, Eastward: Octopia, in The Game Awards’ Wholesome Snack showcase. Join Sam and John on a new adventure as they begin a peaceful farming life, available on PC and Nintendo Switch from 31 January.
Set in a parallel world free of hardships and the toxic miasma that dominates Eastward, Eastward: Octopia reveals a cosier set-up for Sam and John. Set in the quaint countryside, the duo settles into the good life, complete with cooking, fishing, and a charming community to call home.
Eastward: Octopia Features
- A peaceful rural life for Sam and John in a beautiful town of Octopia. Escape to the country and enjoy the fresh air in a brand-new safe haven.
- An opportunity for players to get their hands dirty by revitalising an old farmstead and breathing new life into it. Grow crops and live off the land surrounded by adorable pets and stunning pixel environments.
- New culinary delights from John’s Cookbook. Grow ingredients on the farm and utilise crops to create delicious treats, then share these creations with neighbours and build connections through food.
- A thriving community that welcomes Sam and John with open arms. Work together with the townsfolk to build and upgrade new stores and homes, attract fresh faces to the town, and watch Octopia bloom.
- Multilingual experience with support for French, German, Spanish, Japanese, or Chinese (Simplified or Traditional) languages.
A separate adventure from Eastward, players won’t need to have completed the main game to access the DLC. Eastward: Octopia is accessed from the main menu of the base game, but will require a copy of Eastward to play this DLC.
Eastward: Octopia will launch on Steam and Nintendo Switch on 31 January for $5.99 / £4.99 / €5.89. Budding farmers can wishlist the DLC to receive future updates on Eastward: Octopia.