Sabotage Studio and iam8bit open physical pre-orders for Sea of Stars
Sabotage Studio and iam8bit have announced that pre-orders are now open for Sea of Stars. The retro-inspired turn-based RPG originally released last August.
A trailer and information regarding the available versions can be found below, via Sabotage Studio. In addition, pre-orders for a vinyl soundtrack have also opened. All pre-orders can be made at https://seaofstars.iam8bit.com/.
Sabotage Studio (The Messenger) today released a trailer spanning some of the spectacular moments awaiting players in Sea of Stars, the turn-based RPG inspired by the heights of ‘90s role-playing classics which was recognized as Best Indie Game at The Game Awards and has garnered a dozen+ nominations from critics around the world. The new footage also reflects on the astonishingly positive reception Sabotage Studio’s magnum opus has received from critics since its celebrated debut last year.
The trailer arrives alongside iam8bit’s opening of pre-orders for physical editions of Sea of Stars, as well as a vinyl pressing of the game’s original soundtrack, available via seaofstars.iam8bit.com and global retailers. Pre-orders are offered for the following items:
- Sea of Stars Retail Edition (Releases May 10; Switch, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4), which includes:
- A double-sided poster with art from concept artist and illustrator Bryce Kho
- A download of the soundtrack composed by Eric W. Brown, including all tracks from Day & Night cycles, acoustic pirate band covers and over 10 tracks from guest composer Yasunori Mitsuda along with contributions from Vincent Jackson Jones II and Reece Miller.
- Sea of Stars iam8bit Exclusive Edition (Releases Q2 2024; Switch, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S), which includes:
- A retro-inspired game manual
- Collectible slipcase
- Collectible poster featuring original art and oversized game map
- A download of the soundtrack
- 16 character stickers.
- Sea of Stars 2xLP Vinyl Soundtrack (Releases Q3 2024)
- A stunning epic on Solar Orange and Lunar Blue wax compiling a selection of the very best melodies, hooks and refrains in a slimmed-down version of the game’s soundtrack, with brilliant album art from Bryce Kho.
An homage to the greatest classic turn-based RPGs, Sea of Stars is the second game from Sabotage Studio and takes place in the same universe as The Messenger, the studio’s award-winning debut. Sea of Stars features a rousing original soundtrack composed by Eric W. Brown, accompanied with select contributions from legendary composer Yasunori Mitsuda (Chrono Trigger). Following Sea of Stars’ acclaimed adventure released last year, fans can still look forward to new surprises from Sea of Stars’ gorgeous world through the game’s upcoming DLC, Throes of the Watchmaker.