Spike Chunsoft details Peach Buns and monsters in Shiren the Wanderer: The Mystery Dungeon of Serpentcoil Island
Spike Chunsoft has released new information for Shiren the Wanderer: The Mystery Dungeon of Serpentcoil Island, detailing turning into a monster with a Peach Bun, as well as new monster introductions.
Shiren the Wanderer: The Mystery Dungeon of Serpentcoil Island is set to release as a Nintendo Switch exclusive in the West on February 27.
In case you missed it, you can check out:
- Details on Adventurer's Log and a few monsters, plus Digital Pre-orders open
- Details on online features including Rescue and Parallel Play
- Details on sumo status, behemoths, sacred items, the training dojo
- Details on the mini-map, live-display, and other quality-of-life additions
- The western announcement details
Spike Chunsoft, Inc. today released new item details, and more monsters that are making their appearance in the upcoming Roguelike RPG for Nintendo Switch Shiren the Wanderer: The Mystery Dungeon of Serpentcoil Island.
Shiren the Wanderer: The Mystery Dungeon of Serpentcoil Island physical and digital versions for Nintendo Switch come to North America and Europe on February 27, 2024.
Use a Peach Bun to Transform into a Monster
This latest game in the series introduces the Peach Bun, capable of transforming Shiren into a monster. As you progress through the game, you can obtain a Peach Club or Peach Staff. Defeating monsters with these items may grant you a Peach Bun bearing the name of the defeated monster. Eating Peach Buns will turn you into the corresponding monster and enable you to use its special ability. Transform into aquatic or flying monsters to traverse otherwise impassable areas. You can find the Peach Club and Peach Staff within dungeons under certain conditions, adding an intriguing aspect to the story revolving around these mysterious tools.
Hoppin’ Batter Family: Has a chance of hitting thrown items, Stave magic bullets, and cannonballs back at the attacker. If this fails, the projectile lands nearby. The likelihood of successfully deflecting increases at higher levels, for instance, with Hoppin' Hitter or Hoppin’ Slugger.
Hen Family: Master Hen and Great Hen, among others, are monsters boasting well-trained bodies. They excel in hand-to-hand combat, and as they reach higher levels, they approach rapidly with double-speed actions, so be cautious. When their remaining HP becomes low, they transform into Hens.A Hen runs around like it lost its head. If hit by fire or an explosion, it turns into Yakitori; a delicious item with a similar effect as Onigiri.
The Ninja Lurking on Serpentcoil Island
The ninja on Serpentcoil Island specialize in five types of ninjutsu: Fire, Water, Tree, Metal, and Earth. They all have the ability to skillfully dodge attacks with nimble speed, and each ninja employs ninjutsu with unique characteristics.
- Fire Ninja: Burns items on the ground. They can turn Onigiri into highly effective Grilled Onigiri.
- Water Ninja: Hides underwater. It can shoot water at you, making some of your items wet and rendering them useless.
- Tree Ninja: Throws a log at the target. When taking damage, it may use a ninja trick to escape.
- Metal Ninja: Throws Gitan. Always drops Gitan when defeated, but the amount dropped decreases according to the amount it threw.
- Earth Ninja: Hides in earthen walls, then attacks. Pelts the target with sand, dealing damage and sometimes inflicting Blind status.
Pre-Order the Digital and Physical Versions Today
Digital Pre-orders accepted through February 26, 2024. Check the Nintendo eShop in your region for details.
Nintendo eShop: https://www.nintendo.com/us/store/products/shiren-the-wanderer-the-mystery-dungeon-of-serpentcoil-island-switch/
As a first-run bonus, a 2.75” x 3” sticker featuring the protagonist Shiren and the game's traditional Japanese art style will be included with the game.
For details on where to pre-order Shiren the Wanderer: The Mystery Dungeon of Serpentcoil Island visit: https://www.spike-chunsoft.co.jp/shiren6/en/
Physical version published in European regions by Reef Entertainment.